• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Kingdom Hearts: Re:Squid

Which are your favourite games in the series ?

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts II

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts: coded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double0Groove

Inkling
Are you now? Great.

We appreciate it.:D
Glad to know someone else who appreciates my work.
Heh :D.
Anyway, I'm just gonna give my two cents on some of the topics already laid out.
With SE having their own conference, I'm expecting to see some news on KH3, but I'm hoping that it's only an appetizer for what's to come at D3.

Fave KH game without a doubt is 3D. It's open world and amazing maneuverability makes the game feel far more engaging to me than the others.

I guess none of you guys got excited for the KH3 reveal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sure we are.
Right, @Trieste Sp?
Yep. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

I've updated the OP with the new trailer.

Here's a trailer analysis that I found.

I play chess, and that doesn't look like any chess I've ever seen, and I've seen a ton of variations. For starters, the board has raised and lowered squares in a seemingly unrelated pattern. There is a crown piece (0:18) which would signify a king, but that piece is in the thick of things and is very small compared to the others so it seems like a pawn. It also looks like gold has pieces that silver doesn't have, unless they were taken already by Young Xehanort. There is also a mickey piece on silver's side. But the rest are different and unique designs, perhaps new enemy sigils? Looks like one of them is the Keyblade Master symbol (0:15 Silver on the right). There are some strange designs that I can't make out. The pieces are also silver and gold instead of normal chess white and black. This isn't all that strange and is common in chess sets, but they seem solid metals and looks like an expensive set. This game might just be trivial, but could also be a minigame in KH3, which I would love.

"Rage Awakened" is playing, the boss theme from the Lingering Will fight in KH2FM. Not sure if this means anything, but it could have some relation to LW making a return in KH3 to join Sora in his cause.

for the track if you forgot.

The HUD is very similar if not exactly the same as the 2013 trailers. Donald and Goofy have the HP and MP circle from KH2 now instead of 2 straight bars. In the 2013 gameplay trailer Donald and Goofy have the same head graphic as the E3 2015 one, and is different from the premiere one. But the most important thing to not that SDG's heads ARE NOT ANIMATED ANYMORE like they were in the 2013 gameplay trailer.

Sora is running in his KH2 in combat stance with his blade pointed pointed up, but it looks like his "out of combat" running is different now (0:36). It looks kinda wimpy to be honest, but whatever.

Sora running up this rock structure (0:23) is special because instead of grabbing the edge like KH2 Sora would do he immediately flips on it. Seems like this will speed up travel, but I hope we still have the option to hang. Donald and Goofy are absent as well, most likely for the demo's purpose but intriguing nontheless. I noticed the rock Sora was climbing glittering for some reason, Is this a nod to Tangled's art style or what?

After the enemies appear from the pretty water, (0:27) Sora switches Keyblades to a dark red one and jumps 2 poles before rolling onto the ground. Interesting addition to the parkour aspect they seem to going for, and kinda strange transition of keyblades. Maybe certain fire spells can only be used with that keyblade? or maybe it's just a stat boosting one? OR maybe we have the option to switch keyblades on the fly like in FFXV? There is also a lot of abandoned Roman/Greek architecture on the sides... Not sure what it means besides the being part of a Hercules world.

(0:29) The water heartless (gonna call them heartless right now even though there are no apparent emblem distinguishing them as such) have water shields it looks like, and are going down in one hit, which may just be for the demo. It is important to note that no MP meters are going down BUT Donald and Goofy's HP is going down as they are being hit. They also have a different head when they take damage before going back to the original like in past KH games (0:30)

(0:31) you can see Donald take a swipe at a enemy here at the bottom right, but miss and get hit. This could mean that Donald and Goofy's magic have not been finalized yet.

Looks like Sora is able to move while firing magic bolts without assistance from the gun transformation, which is much appreciated. Might put a damper on Wisdom Form's Mobile action

(0:32) The rain on Sora seems to be a status effect, but doesn't see, to be doing anything, we'll have to wait an see. Maybe lightning will come in a bit? The heartless also keep teleporting or at least disappearing, maybe that us what starts the rain? Or are they just fleeing?

It seems as if Sora has a lot of trouble killing the heartless when they don't have their water barrier, given how the first one he defeats is slain in one shot and the aerial combo Sora pulls off at (0:34) didn't kill the heartless that didn't have its water barrier. The heartless also seem to attack with water streams as apparent with Dolan getting rekt in the corner.

Aerial combos are traditionally 3 hits without Combo Plusses, so how can Sora attack 3 times in the air and finish with a Fire no less? Was that manual or resulting from the keyblade which looks fire based anyway? Or maybe combos are being moved from this 3 hit base like the 5 hit one in the 2013 gameplay trailer?

Sora's new walk is showcased at (0:36) as well as a new animation where he uses one hand to jump on top of a small rock, another part of the new parkour system? Also there is a statue at the right side at 0:36 that continues the theme of lost Hercules city. Sora has switched back to his first keyblade for some reason.

At (0:39) Sora is doing the same thing he was doing when he jumped those poles, and rolling right after. Seems that hop automatically triggers the roll after it. At (0:43) Sora fights in the air with his first Keyblade and only does a 3 hit combo. What's up with that? Is it just a keyblade thing? Donald and Goofy aren't doing anything as Sora is fighting, but at least we get a manual dodge roll! These are definitely Emblem Heartless as the sign is visible, while the water ones could be Pureblood Heartless like Shadows and Darkballs.

(0:45) Sora jumps off of a cliff with his KH2 High Jump flip, and it looks like we have the entire valley to explore. Looks like it'll be a blast to explore with glide, and we can see a structure that looks like an arch or the beginning of a town to the right at (0:46).

(0:49)'s heartless act like the Crescendo heartless, the annoying ones that heal and call more enemies if you let them trumpet their horn. Looks like the hunting horn bull heartless charge at you in a pack. These heartless are also Emblem. We can also see Sora actually having some HP lost on his bar.

Goofy gets tackled and it is clear that the Dolan and Goffy are far away from Sora, but somehow they teleport to Sora and do the Goffy gambit thing in the blink of an eye. Looks like a limit with normal attacks and a final attack like the final red charge. Sora's voice sounds exactly like it did in DDD, and Goofy and Donald's battle quotes are the same as KH2 so far, but most likely will change from the old "Think fast!" and "Come on!"

(0:55) Sora is missing a lot of HP and is running up walls like he did when he was running from the Shadow mob in the premiere trailer. It looks like Sora's ability to dodge the falling rocks will be important, and as he is shadowed in a blue light as he climbs the Rock Titan he has the same animation as he did when using Flowmotion in DDD.

At exactly 1:01 if you look carefully Sora is guarding, KH2 style, the shockwave from Rock Titan's foot. When Sora attacks the Titan's foot, it turns to lava and he gains the ability to summon the train. We've seen this before, but it looks like the summon animation that is inevitably going to be there was absent and Sora jumps in directly.

(1:16) Looks like Aero magic makes a return in the form of BBS. What could this mean for the future of defensive magic?

Sora has a different head sprite now to match his new design! His hair is not as spiky as well...

(1:17) The transformation animation looks to be specifically transformed from the keyblade itself into the guns, you can see the specific parts and how it looks different than the 2013 gameplay trailer one which most likely was just WIP. This must mean that each keyblade has it's own transformation.

The guns transformed into a bigger gun. Looks like the sparky thing that Sora fires at 1:23 is what changes the gun into a bazooka.

1:29 the cotton heartless has a lot of similarities to the jellyfish heartless in Atlantica or the Unversed one in BBS.

1:31 Sora has changed to the Dark Fire Keyblade again. and it seems that the mobile aero magic also lights up the tip of the keyblade! Interesting aesthetic.

1:34 Sora is on top of a pool when he pulls out his ship summon. Does this mean he needs to be on top of one? He wasn't in the gameplay trailer, but that WAS a WIP. I think it is just a coincidence though. Should be noted that Sora shares the animation for the Disney ride summon with the train by putting his sparkling keyblade in the air, so that proves that they are closely related if that wasn't clue enough. These big rides must also mean areas will be big and open to make room for them, but certain ones like the train look to be exclusive to bosses.

1:42 Sora is sliding on the hill, awesome. More additions to the parkour.

1:45 Sora fires a blizzard, slides on the ice trail and jumps and dive bombs them!. That's pretty awesome, but we'll have to see if these combos are manual or just preplanned. Hopefully they are free form. But it's worth mentioning that the hole to the forest is sealed up.

1:50 This is flowmotion, no question, almost exactly like DDD. Looks like we'll have new attacks to use with it.

1:53 The teacup suddenly gets much faster, looks like you can speed it up and make it do things at will. Most likely a Finish command that brings SDG together for a final attack.

1:57 IDK what the hell just happened but it was awesome. It seems that the keyblade (which may be the dark fire one) is linked to summons. Maybe certain keyblades are linked to certain summons? And is that Pegasus the Hercules one or just a generic one?

2:07 The thing on the left with green energy looks like a save point or something used to communicate. It was there for a reason.

2:16 MX's Keyblade looks like it will play a big role in Young Xehanort's fall from grace.

2:21 Vanitas's symbol on the left side? The chain must have a deeper meaning...

2:24 the calendar on the right is October 2015, September 2016, December 2016, and June 2017. Release date?

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I am the biggest fan of Kingdom Hearts and have been playing it since the day it was conceived. Own every version of every game and have played trough them multiple times. Always up to date with information and such. Love the series, character and symbolism present in the franchise. I'm currently working on my fourth prop keyblade, Earthshaker (Have Kingdom Key, Rainfell and Lionheart from KH2 already) and have various posters.

I love KH and it has significantly shaped the person that I am today. I cannot wait for KH3. I am ecstatic

thekawaiione

Inkling
NNID
thekawaiione
Wow, how did I miss this thread when I first looked over the social threads?! Absolutely love Kingdom Hearts~!! Although it's successfully broken my heart way too much and Birth By Sleep was just depressing and I will forever be weary of groups of 3 friends talking about how 'they'll always be together' because I know it'll only lead to pain and agony.

I was super late to the KH party and only properly got to play the games starting from Dream Drop Distance, then 1.5 and 2.5. Will eventually go through 3D again now that I actually know what's going on more.

What did everyone think of the news from the D23Expo? For those who hadn't been stalking news from the expo:
- Tangled world is officially to be called Kingdom of Corona
- BigHero6 world has been confirmed and will be set after movie events
- All Keyblades in KH3 will have unique transformations
- Kingdom Hearts in Disney INfinity (*gasp* true acknowledgement by Disney of KH!?!? weeelll kiiinda :p )
Expo exclusive limited edition of 5000 power disk with King Mickey outfit, and the ultimate unlock in Disney Infinity 3.0 will be the Kingdom Key (which apparently is only obtainable if you have every single figure so say goodbye to your money if you want this).

imo was kiiiinda hoping for more, but I suppose we'll likely get more at Japan's D23? Hopefully. Excited for BH6, but not too surprised at it being in. The Disney Infinity news was more aggravating than nice since Sora was in top 3 most requested additions to it when they had the open ballot thing and so they know there's a serious fandom in want of it, yet it's an exclusive and not even a real figure just a disk and of Mickey not even Sora. The ultimate unlock is cool and neat that the crown jewel of unlockables will be a KH item, but also rude since you'd need to buy all the figures just to get it. Optimistic fans think this is a hopeful sign of eventually getting more KH related stuff to come though.

/edit: also, wanted to say, great work on the thread intro. ^^b

Double0Groove

Inkling
What did everyone think of the news from the D23Expo? For those who hadn't been stalking news from the expo:
- Tangled world is officially to be called Kingdom of Corona
- BigHero6 world has been confirmed and will be set after movie events
- All Keyblades in KH3 will have unique transformations
- Kingdom Hearts in Disney INfinity (*gasp* true acknowledgement by Disney of KH!?!? weeelll kiiinda :p )
Expo exclusive limited edition of 5000 power disk with King Mickey outfit, and the ultimate unlock in Disney Infinity 3.0 will be the Kingdom Key (which apparently is only obtainable if you have every single figure so say goodbye to your money if you want this).
-Sora isn't in Disney infinity So I'm disappointed about that, and I'm not paying that much money for a digital keyblade, when I already own a keychain Keblade. So yeah...
-Speaking of Keyblades, nice... that makes me want to use all of them aside from the Kingdom Key for once.
-Big Hero 6 being in the game totally shocked me, I thought it'd be considered as "too new" to be implemented but now I'm ore than excited to see how this'll work! Sadly this might ruin the chance of me seeing the Incredibles being in the game... Still, since BH6 is now confirmed, I wonder what other new titles they might include...

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I'm so excited for KH3 coming out for the PS4. Ever since E3, I've been nothing but happy to see more info revealed for it. Hopefully KH3 will end the first arc of the series on a high note.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom