• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Kovaaks for Splatoon?

0rka

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
0rka
Switch Friend Code
SW-7539-5068-2790
Is there a Kovaaks (aiming drill simulator) for Splatoon? If so, how can I get access to it? I'm assuming it would be on PC. Would love to get better with gyro aim.

Hokuto

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
The only tool I can think of is Squid Aimer on itch.io. Never used it, either, so I can't tell you if/how it works. I imagine it's inherently harder to develop third-party software for something heavily proprietary like a Nintendo Switch game, as opposed to something you can run (and I guess modify) from your PC.

0rka

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
0rka
Switch Friend Code
SW-7539-5068-2790
The only tool I can think of is Squid Aimer on itch.io. Never used it, either, so I can't tell you if/how it works. I imagine it's inherently harder to develop third-party software for something heavily proprietary like a Nintendo Switch game, as opposed to something you can run (and I guess modify) from your PC.
Oh thanks for this! I'm def gonna check it out. I'll report back here if it's any good.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Is there a Kovaaks (aiming drill simulator) for Splatoon? If so, how can I get access to it? I'm assuming it would be on PC. Would love to get better with gyro aim.
What's the benefit of a PC aim trainer as opposed to practicing aim in game?

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i would recommend not using an aim trainer. the best way to get better at aiming in game, is to practice getting better in game. if you thought that you need an aim trainer to do that, i think you were missing out on important things that will help you improve at this game.

the training room is a good place to start to figure out how you should aim your weapon. feel how your weapon controls and make sure it’s the right fit for you.

to practice aiming on enemy players, you can go into the match with a specific goal in mind, in this case that would be trying to hit your shots. you don’t have to worry about winning or losing in this case, mainly worry about getting closer to that goal. this method also lets you figure out whether or not the real problem is your aim or your decision making, like where you’re positioning or the specific times that you attempt to move forward, or the opportunities you might be missing out on.

each time you have something specific you want to work on, change the goal to be getting better at that specific thing. once you do this, you will be a pretty well rounded and skillful player, which will help you win a lot more consistently.

to improve at this game, or any game, really, you have to be able to learn. that’s the most important part of practicing which i think a lot of people miss out on. and the only way to learn is to play the game with learning as your top priority. and you don’t have to focus on learning as much as possible in 1 match, just take a few matches trying to learn 1 thing at a time if that is a comfortable pace. you also don’t have to worry about learning all the time, sometimes you just wanna sit down and have fun with the game. but if you want to improve, focusing on trying to learn is going to help so much.

also slightly unrelated i think schools have taught us to hate learning because they never properly teach us what that is

0rka

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
0rka
Switch Friend Code
SW-7539-5068-2790
Just wanted to report back and say that Squid Aimer is awesome! Definitely going to practice it to get better at aim. Thanks for the recommendation :)

0rka

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
0rka
Switch Friend Code
SW-7539-5068-2790
What's the benefit of a PC aim trainer as opposed to practicing aim in game?
I think simulators that target a very specific skill and hyperfocus on that skill have value. Of course, practicing aim in game is also valuable.

0rka

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
0rka
Switch Friend Code
SW-7539-5068-2790
i would recommend not using an aim trainer. the best way to get better at aiming in game, is to practice getting better in game. if you thought that you need an aim trainer to do that, i think you were missing out on important things that will help you improve at this game.

the training room is a good place to start to figure out how you should aim your weapon. feel how your weapon controls and make sure it’s the right fit for you.

to practice aiming on enemy players, you can go into the match with a specific goal in mind, in this case that would be trying to hit your shots. you don’t have to worry about winning or losing in this case, mainly worry about getting closer to that goal. this method also lets you figure out whether or not the real problem is your aim or your decision making, like where you’re positioning or the specific times that you attempt to move forward, or the opportunities you might be missing out on.

each time you have something specific you want to work on, change the goal to be getting better at that specific thing. once you do this, you will be a pretty well rounded and skillful player, which will help you win a lot more consistently.

to improve at this game, or any game, really, you have to be able to learn. that’s the most important part of practicing which i think a lot of people miss out on. and the only way to learn is to play the game with learning as your top priority. and you don’t have to focus on learning as much as possible in 1 match, just take a few matches trying to learn 1 thing at a time if that is a comfortable pace. you also don’t have to worry about learning all the time, sometimes you just wanna sit down and have fun with the game. but if you want to improve, focusing on trying to learn is going to help so much.

also slightly unrelated i think schools have taught us to hate learning because they never properly teach us what that is

Yes I agree, going into games with a specific focus of improvement is the fastest way to get better at Splatoon (or any game for that matter). I view an aim drill simulator such as Squid Aimer as a complementary tool that can help me improve specifically at aiming mechanics. For general improvement and understanding, I agree with what you said.

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Yes I agree, going into games with a specific focus of improvement is the fastest way to get better at Splatoon (or any game for that matter). I view an aim drill simulator such as Squid Aimer as a complementary tool that can help me improve specifically at aiming mechanics. For general improvement and understanding, I agree with what you said.
this, the point of a 3rd party aim trainer isn't to be the sole practice source, but to supplement it

I use it pretty regularly if theres one specific thing I thing I'm struggling with like tracking because the in game training room, for all its pros, is still pretty limited

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom