• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Krak-On Roller Gear

N»Magyk

Inkling
NNID
NoHaxJustMagyk
What is a good kit for the Krak-On roller? My current set is:

:ability_swimspeed: :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:ability_specialduration: :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:ability_inkresistance: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Tell me what to change, or to completely reset my kit

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
One reason why I like the splat roller and krak-on roller is that theyhave multiple ways to build abilities.
You have an amazing set minus those run speed subs: the only two abilities that don't have a place with ol' krakey roll are run speed and bomb range up.

That being said, I'd keep the shirt if you really like its style. I'm assuming it's the white inky rider, so I completely understand this position.
I personally use my aviator shades for any weapon that can use run speed, regardless if it doesn't get much use out of last ditch effort. They are that fresh.

If you are being competitive, I personally avoid all three ink efficiency abilities when getting my krak-on. It would only really benifit from ink recovery if you like to plop down A LOT of beakons while in the thick of things as decoys / shields.

Judging from your current build I'd say you love you some kraken, so I would swap out your current shirt with... (color coded)
-Squid pattern waistcoat (special duration and swim speeds)
-Sunny day tee (special charge and swim speeds)
-Mountain Vest (swim speed and defense ups)

OR Go ham with swim speed and get a pure Hero Jacket / White line tee
^^^Most recommended for its use in carrying the rainmaker^^^

PS:
Hi-tops for the win =P

PPS: I forgot to mention damage up and tenacity. One, maybe two mains of damage up should do you fine if you want to slightly boost your OHKO range. Tenacity can really help you get krakens if you are a survivor. Check out the gas mask ;P (or the black glasses)

Magnus0

Pro Squid
You don't really need run speed for a roller because it doesn't effect roll speed.

Comeback, special saver and quick respawn are good abilities for the krak-on as you'll likely die quite a lot.

If you focus on your beakons you can use quick super jump, but the Octobrush is generally better at a semi-support weapon.

N»Magyk

Inkling
NNID
NoHaxJustMagyk
One reason why I like the splat roller and krak-on roller is that theyhave multiple ways to build abilities.
You have an amazing set minus those run speed subs: the only two abilities that don't have a place with ol' krakey roll are run speed and bomb range up.

That being said, I'd keep the shirt if you really like its style. I'm assuming it's the white inky rider, so I completely understand this position.
I personally use my aviator shades for any weapon that can use run speed, regardless if it doesn't get much use out of last ditch effort. They are that fresh.

If you are being competitive, I personally avoid all three ink efficiency abilities when getting my krak-on. It would only really benifit from ink recovery if you like to plop down A LOT of beakons while in the thick of things as decoys / shields.

Judging from your current build I'd say you love you some kraken, so I would swap out your current shirt with... (color coded)
-Squid pattern waistcoat (special duration and swim speeds)
-Sunny day tee (special charge and swim speeds)
-Mountain Vest (swim speed and defense ups)

OR Go ham with swim speed and get a pure Hero Jacket / White line tee
^^^Most recommended for its use in carrying the rainmaker^^^

PS:
Hi-tops for the win =P

PPS: I forgot to mention damage up and tenacity. One, maybe two mains of damage up should do you fine if you want to slightly boost your OHKO range. Tenacity can really help you get krakens if you are a survivor. Check out the gas mask ;P (or the black glasses)
Thanks! This looks like a good set, but I really like Ink Res, so I'll keep my shoes
You don't really need run speed for a roller because it doesn't effect roll speed.

Comeback, special saver and quick respawn are good abilities for the krak-on as you'll likely die quite a lot.

If you focus on your beakons you can use quick super jump, but the Octobrush is generally better at a semi-support weapon.
I'm not a person who constantly rolls for gear, so I didn't have anything else to use. Thanks for the gear tips.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
?
I was recommending shirts xD

Your shoes are great. I love my red hi-tops, both in game and irl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom