• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Late to the party: Splatoon newb

YukitoBurrito

Inkling
Well, here we are. It's now almost 2018, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only dude in north america who hasn't played splatoon. At all. I've been out of gaming for a few years due to financial and employment reasons, but now I'm getting a new job, and with my bonus I'm getting a switch, Splatoon, BotW, SMO, but mostly here for splatoon.

So, blogpost over, time for bad puns, laughing at the n00b, and discussion.

2018 is here almost. What's kraken?

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
Better late than never! X3
Welcome to Squidboards! You got some good games to start with for your Switch! I only had BotW in the beginning. ;v;

What's kraken? Ummmmmm, I can't ink of an equally bad pun!

JekyllHydeTrash

Inkling
NNID
xxteadrinkerxx
Heyyyyoooo. We should totally play sometime. I can give you tips and tricks and stuff. :> Welcome to the fandom and forums!!!

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Heyo! Pfft, It's never too late to join in on the squid party! One of the great things about Splatoon is that it's still relatively new as a competitive game, so it's much more accessible than say, Smash Brothers or Counter Strike, where every tip and trick is written down in text. Just improvise, find a playstyle you love, and most importantly, enjoy the splashy ride!

YukitoBurrito

Inkling
Better late than never! X3
Welcome to Squidboards! You got some good games to start with for your Switch! I only had BotW in the beginning. ;v;

What's kraken? Ummmmmm, I can't ink of an equally bad pun!
Ayyy
that's a good one
I don't have the games yet, i'm still working on getting it.

YukitoBurrito

Inkling
Heyyyyoooo. We should totally play sometime. I can give you tips and tricks and stuff. :> Welcome to the fandom and forums!!!
Thanks! I'm noob as heck, but from the looks of gameplay I'll probably try to use a goo tuber, seems pretty good for run and gun style with explosive sub weaponry.....

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Goo Tuber? Bwahahaha!
Just kidding...!

Welcome, mate! Enjoy your time here and in game. I'm hopin' you'll have a good time shooting ink at awkward creatures who keep transforming.

JekyllHydeTrash

Inkling
NNID
xxteadrinkerxx
Thanks! I'm noob as heck, but from the looks of gameplay I'll probably try to use a goo tuber, seems pretty good for run and gun style with explosive sub weaponry.....
Goo tubers are super hard for me. I am a charger main and I do not like them. LOL Go for it though!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom