Leeching/Trolling?

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
Have you guys experienced that at all yet?

Just now I was playing with 2 friends and experienced my first game with one. We were on saltspray, and everything seemed fine until my team captured the northern area. Guy proceeded to just stand on the crates to the back and do nothing the rest of the game. At first we thought he must have disconnected or was lagging, but when we'd use the prompts he'd shoot once and stop... Somehow we still won the game but it got me thinking I really wish there was a way to report people like that, or that they'd be automatically kicked after being idle for so long. He literally contributed nothing and I kind of wanted to lose so he wouldn't get the 300 points...

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I never seen anyone like that. Won't deny that there are people like that. Every online game has a way to troll. If I see people like that, I just leave the room, I'd recommend you do the same. Having someone not doing anything will make it hard for a team to win.

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
Yeah, we immediately left the room after we were done with the round. Just find it weird that there's no report feature yet, but it'd probably be used for all the wrong reasons.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Trolling does suck but unfortunately it can happen in just about any multiplayer game. :(
Even more unfortunately every single player on your team in Splatoon is very important so could very easily lose a game to a troll, ESPECIALLY in ranked.

Aura

Infiltrator
The lack of a report button is curious, but I don't run into them types a lot so I don't worry too much about it.

Squiddie

Inkling
I just recently had an ENTIRE team kind of like that. They all grouped up in a corner at arowana mall, didn't ink anything, and seabagged. Even some of the other team came over to that same corner, & had some sort of rave-like seabagging party. It was so odd...

Manta

Senior Squid
I just recently had an ENTIRE team kind of like that. They all grouped up in a corner at arowana mall, didn't ink anything, and seabagged. Even some of the other team came over to that same corner, & had some sort of rave-like seabagging party. It was so odd...
lol

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
I think that might've been our squad :P. What stage was it?

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
Had that happen a couple days ago when playing a ranked match on Moray Towers.
Two of my team mates just faced the other way at the spawn point and shot into the air. I don't mind something like this happening in turf wars, but in ranked it really is annoying and messed up.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That must have been hilarious.
I think that might've been our squad :p. What stage was it?
I like your squad.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
I've seen it 4 times, maybe five. I seem to get frequently picked to be followed too, so they block noises I need to hear with their constant transforming, and they give away my location. : I

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I think you might have been among friends there

Silentsoul

Inkling
NNID
Silentsoul
Yes, I see this a lot of late, and it is becoming a pain in the back side. You work hard to get your team ahead to just see 1 or 2 players just messing around.
Unfortunatly it seems to be only Japanese players that are doing ( that I have noticed anyway for me ), a great way to make people not want to play that much as why bother if 1 or 2 of your team is going to mess around.

I have given up on doing Ranked play until I reach max level, as whats the point before hand? You get zero points in anything - XP for level, or even the amount you helped your team out by if you lose, the loss of Rank points is great as that is a given if you lose a game, but getting nothing to help you level up while trying to level up your rank just don't seem right.

Yuubi

Full Squid
This had recently happened to me a couple of days ago... The first time was at blackbelly skate park right when the battle started, one teammate had start spamming "BOOYAH" over and over while just hopping towards the center of the skatepark in squid form. I was confused and wonder why was he even doing such a thing, so then I saw an enemy inkling roller who just happened to run past me then hopped on the ledge and just stared at me. I quickly killed her, (Rollers make me paranoid okay?) and then saw another enemy just squid hopping around my teammate.... That is when I realized that they wanted to do some dance party. Of course while half of my team and the enemies team were fooling around, One of the enemy's team were inking half their territory turf and won the match. It's okay to have actual fun once in a while, but I hope this doesn't become a norm like how things were in brawl...

Second one was when I was in a Japanese team the game started and an enemy Aerospray RG had quickly came to our turf by walking on the rails in kelp dome, One teammate came towards her and then the next thing I know, the duo started to do a crossfire within each other! They weren't really killing each other but they were going at it. So I quickly swam over towards them to get a better look then suddenly the two used both of their special at the same time (which was aerospray) shot at the middle then continued their crossfire. Of course I've gotten killed by the girl when I came a bit too close to her, she killed me three times until I actually came back towards her with revenge and ended their little cross fire. My teammate shouted "Booyah" when I killed her and ran towards the center surprisingly after 2 minutes of the match went by, our team had still won.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I find trolling or derping around in turf war an excellent stress reliever from competitive play. Seriously I had a really bad losing streak in ranked, so I went to turf picked the standard splattershot or inkbrush drew some d**ks, squidbagged enemy inklings trying to splat me and all around just being weird. After every match I ended up laughing whether I won or lost. I enjoy it when other inklings realize what I'm doing and join in lol

Last edited:

Benjamin Hellcat

Inkster Jr.
NNID
H3llcat
Occasionally i will camp an area as a way to zone a flanking approach. However, this is situational. You don't camp if your team needs you in the fray.

I personally have not witnessed any one doing what you described, but i did have a team mate yell at me "C'mon!" Because he probably thought i was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom