• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Lester's Cottage (New to forum RPing, am i doing it right?)

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Within a few blocks of Inkopolis is a rather rickety, old fashioned southern style house, entirely whitewashed. The paint on the walls, respectfully, is chipped and weathered and the porch is less than two feet wide. Nonetheless, there is a hard wooden chair and a wooden barrel squeezed into whatever space is left on the porch beside the chair.

The ground is paved with random square concrete blocks spaced an inch apart, with weeds growing accordingly in the cracks which lead to the porch steps, which look like they've been the subject of numerous tantrums.

In terms of location, it is closer to Splatoon 2's district than 1's. Lester is mildly irk'd about the noise.

Lester's Bio: (I will type in Orange, when i speak as him, in which his skin would most likely be.)

Name
: Lester Applewood Roquefort
Race: Sea Urchin
Appearance: He wears a very fancy getup, suit, dress shoes and a coat, the whole deal. Yes, even a hat.. You might automatically assume he doesn't battle because he's so fancy, but you'd be wrong. He battles frequently and makes sure he's clean and presentable before socializing. He also wears fancy felt gloves to cover his hands when he battles, but he takes them off when he socializes.
Relations: He's assumedly dealt with Spyke at one point. You know those types, all secretive and shady. Well Lester here is the same way, only he seems to have gone with a different theme. You could also say he was involved with Cap'n Cuttlefish, although Cap would have NO idea Lester exists.
Personality (Similar to Sheldon on Big Bang Theroy): Quite proper and very fussy, he'll be quick to tell you that you're going against the rules, if he knows them. He's also the kind of person to tell you you're doing something wrong, but with forced restraint. Also, as stated, he's quite secretive. He may know something you don't, or he might not.
Weapon Preference: E-Liter 3k Scope, he's quite good at it. (The real me, is not, huge difference here.)
Battle Personality: Very quiet. In fact, other inklings keep thinking he leaves the match untill he splats people. Then he's gone again. He's killer in Rainmaker Matches, the only way you can win is in cover or hiding in ink, obviously. Still, you don't know where he is.​

(OOC: I suppose i'll describe each room as you RP with me and enter them.

Lester is assumed to be sitting on the chair as you arrive... Aaaaaand GO!)

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(I would like to join this, Terence on the way!)

Terence looked up at the house, a rickety old thing. Then back at his phone's GPS, This is the right place... I think. He jogged up to the porch steps, looking up he saw an Urchin Man sitting there. Is this him? Lester Roquefort?

"Uhh... Hello there" He said, taking a quick look around, then back at his Phone "Are you Lester Roquefort, sir?"

Terence stood there uncomfortably as he stood on the creaking porch steps, waiting for the Urchin to respond.

(By the way, usually you make a OOC/Recruitment thread for RPs, than a IC thread.)

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
(I would like to join this, Terence on the way!)

Terence looked up at the house, a rickety old thing. Then back at his phone's GPS, This is the right place... I think. He jogged up to the porch steps, looking up he saw an Urchin Man sitting there. Is this him? Lester Roquefort?

"Uhh... Hello there" He said, taking a quick look around, then back at his Phone "Are you Lester Roquefort, sir?"

Terence stood there uncomfortably as he stood on the creaking porch steps, waiting for the Urchin to respond.

(By the way, usually you make a OOC/Recruitment thread for RPs, than a IC thread.)
(I'd like to keep it open, but it would be nice to do that to keep track of people)

Lester leans forward from staring at the tower in the distance and then looks at him at torso level, not expecting his stature. He looks quite surprised, and unlike Spyke in the square, he has no accent at all. Though his diction is quite refined.

"My, You're a tall one... Yes, i would be him. I assume you were directed here by somebody, since you refered to your phone." he says and pauses, looking at the phone in Terence's hand. "Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm terrible with assumptions."

He seems to press emphasis on the last sentence in a way to suggest that he might be hoping he is.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(Don't worry about it, it's all good.)

"Erm... yes you're right." Terence seemed to relax a bit after saying this, putting away his phone.
Why is Lester just sitting on his porch. He looked at the cramped porch, which would be very hard to move around in. Then he brought his attention to Lester.

"You're looking good today, I suppose." He let out a quick grin before silencing it before the well-dressed Urchin. "Can I sit down?" He pointed at the barrel near the chair. This is awkward.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Lester smiles kindly, and laughs gently. "Sure, but there's not much room out here. You see, i opted for the less 'obvious' accommodations and well, got the smallest house. One thing for sure is, though, that it is indeed a house where you would assume little of the owner inside it."

He looks back at his own house. "I suppose you could call it 'cozy', and i like it for it's purpose."

That probably means he likes his house.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"Yup, that would be the right word." Terence said, going to sit down on the barrel.
Sitting down with a surprised 'oof'
"That chair is pretty short" He chuckles lightly.

(Sorry if it's too short.)

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
(Doesn't matter to me, i go to an "adult" RP site where it's in Chat format and you only get 100 characters. I'm trained to only type short scentances)

Lester gets to the point, as he is used to. "So, what brings you here? Curiosity? I'll admit, we Urchins seems to attract that kind of attention."

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"Yes" Terence admitted, he let out a sigh. "Because, well you don't seem like the rest of the Urchins I've met during my time in Inkopolis. Most I've met speak with a funny accent."

"There's one thing I would like to ask though, how do you Urchins kiss?" He gave a very curious look at Lester. "Wouldn't it be painful for both people involved?"

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
"Well..." he said, thinking carefully. "I honestly have no idea personally, so i shouldn't be the one to tell you."

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"You never kissed anyone?"Terence muttered quietly, looking down.

"That wasn't a good question anyway." He added looking up, a goofy grin on his face. "I saw you walking around the Plaza, what do you think of neighborhood friend Spyke, he good in your book?"

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
He snickers to himself at his mutter.

"No, it was perfectly reasonable, my titan friend."

"Oh yes, Spyke..." he says, folding his arms "He's quite shady and the little intro you got when you first got here was correct. I actually believe goes and buys clothes off people for crazy prices, that's why you usually empty your pockets when dealing with him. Though, we both agree, shame on you for not having foresight." he wags a finger at you, scolding you and the general Inkling populace on the fact.

"Also, i have to add... you don't mind calling you a Titan, do you? I of course mean it entirely as a compliment."

At this point, you can see what appears to be a charger, but it looks more like it came off a warground than a game.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Indignant at the scolding, Terence's ponytail began to twitch. "Well... I don't purchase from him often, so my wallet is still intact and not leaking coins from here to Inkopolis Plaza and my House."

"I don't mind you calling me a Titan, that was something in ancient times wasn't it, I dunno... Dang, what happened to your charger? It doesn't look like it was a Turf War game." He asked pointing at the charger, it was strange how it looked.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Smiles, almost smirks. "It indeed is not. It's a sniper rifle that has been retrofitted to act like a charger to fit regulations. I of course have ran it by Sheldon's eyes and he has okay'd it." he snickers a little. "With a rather indignant look, however. But it is legal."

"I am also quite relived to hear you're safe with your money."

Rustic

Inkling Commander
He took out his wallet and waved it slowly in the air, with a smirk. "That Urchin stole from my little brother too many times. I give him a Sea Snail as a pet. Next thing I know my brother's pet is gone and I see a new shell beside Spyke." He added, putting away his wallet.

"A sniper rifle? I have never heard of something like that, how did it operate." He openly pondered. Looking at the rifle. "Sheldon gave the 'alright' for this? You think he'll sell another, because well... you know he blueprints whatever weapon he examines right?"

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I guess I could join this.
Name(s): [Lucas]
Race: [Inkling]
Appearance: [Lucas is an Inkling... who is not yet fully grown, so normally you'll just see him as mostly humanoid, but with a light blue squid head, and he has brown eyes. He is usually seen wearing a:clothes_tes022: with :shoes_sht008:shoes.]
Relations: [Has brother named Andrew, and also haves parents who often worry about the him since Lucas isn't fully grown yet and the he has a knack of getting into trouble via pranks and messing with people.]
Backstory: [On Lucas's 14th birthday, he discovered he would be having a humanoid form later then usual, but since his 15th Birthday has passed, his expected to have his full humanoid form soon enough, and while waiting to fully grow into his full humanoid form he usually stays home since he isn't fresh. He grew up in Inkopolis, near the Moray Towers, where mostly everyone knows about Lucas's "condition". He still lives in Inkopolis being a somewhat known due to his pranks and jokes. Lucas's reasons for pranking people is because he's not a full grown Inkling, and can't fight Turf Wars yet, and a Inkling has to do something with his time.]
Personality: Lucas is a social Inkling, and often at times crack jokes or make very snarky remarks at anyone mostly. Though deep inside, he habors jealously of other Inklings his age who are fully grown, and often feels lonely since doesn't have anyone to relate to about his issues with his stunted growth. He loves to voice act as he watch's a lot of TV Shows and often tries to do voices by himself as a hobby.

Lucas walks up to the old house, in sour mood. Jeez... why won't Andrew and my own parents trust me? I know that I still not fully grown yet but I can take of myself just fine! Halting at the porch steps, he notices Lester speaking to another Inkling in his age group about something... after awhile, he gives a small cough to notify his presence.
Sorry if it's bad, I'm kinda new at this.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Terence wondering at the source of cough, looked at the porch steps. "Lester it looks you have a new visitor." A young squid, stood there at the base of the steps looking awkward.

"Hey, kid... I'm Terence, hmm aren't you a little young to wander the streets of Inkopolis?" Terence asked the Inkling, wondering why a young squid approached. "We were just talking about the more seedier denizens of Inkopolis a few minutes ago."

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
"Now now, Terence. You never know what a flower is capable of doing, i always say." he greets Lucas. "Greetings, young one." Assuming as well, that he is young.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Walking up the steps, Lucas let's out a heavy sigh of annoyance.
"I'm not a kid. I'm 15 years old. I just have a stunted growth that's all. My name is Lucas, nice to meet you." he says in a tired tone.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"Oh, well sorry then." Terence said, somewhat confused.

Straightening up "Nice to meet you too, Lucas."

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
An akward atmosphere surrounds the three males, until Lucas broke the silence, again. "So... What did you mean when you were talking about 'seedier citizens' anyway?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom