• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Level Caps?

patrat3121

Inkling
NNID
patrat3121987ftw
Does Splatoon have a Level cap, and if so do you think Nintendo will increase it in the future? (Kinda like with Hyrule Warriors). I have seen various screens saying 'MAX' in the exp bar but I wasn't sure what that meant.

holowknite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
holowknite
Isnt the levels just for unlocking weapons? if so they might raise it if they release some new weapons.

DaBoss

Pro Squid
Level 20 is the max in the review copy of the game. It most likely is the same for the full game as well. Once you hit level 20, you unlock all weapons (assuming you got the blueprints of some of the weapons in single player).

Personally, I think there's a good chance they will increase the max level in future updates.

patrat3121

Inkling
NNID
patrat3121987ftw
Wait, to you need blueprints for some of the weapons? And u get the blueprints from Singleplayer? I thought nintendo was differensiating the two modes.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
So you can pretty much level cap yourself within 20 hours?
That's... a little disappointing to be honest.

DatGuyAegis

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tmoney670
Does Splatoon have a Level cap, and if so do you think Nintendo will increase it in the future? (Kinda like with Hyrule Warriors). I have seen various screens saying 'MAX' in the exp bar but I wasn't sure what that meant.
It does at launch it will be 20. But, I think that it will grow. A lot of updates are in store for this Inky game

DaBoss

Pro Squid
Wait, to you need blueprints for some of the weapons? And u get the blueprints from Singleplayer? I thought nintendo was differensiating the two modes.
Yea, you need blueprints for weapons as indicated by the horseshoe crab symbol.

The blueprints are scrolls and there are only 5 scrolls that count as blueprints.

The modes are separated with this being the only multiplayer related thing being in singleplayer.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Isnt the levels just for unlocking weapons? if so they might raise it if they release some new weapons.
I would assume this is the case, especially if Nintendo wants to keep the replay value high. Leveling up is a big motive for people wanting to play shooters

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Yeah, the cap appears to be 20, but I'm positive that they'll increase it with later updates.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So you can pretty much level cap yourself within 20 hours?
That's... a little disappointing to be honest.
What is wrong with that? Levels mean absolutely nothing in the game anyways.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
People also forget that you need to buy the weapons and gear as well, so people have plenty to work for, even after they reach level 20.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
What is wrong with that? Levels mean absolutely nothing in the game anyways.
I like effort, but if you can max out something within a day, it feels, incomplete, i'd like something that'd take longer, but i also remember that the game will have more features in the future, so it's possible that they might add a higher level cap and more weaponry.
So my concerns is a bit premature. :)

patrat3121

Inkling
NNID
patrat3121987ftw
There was an Nes zapper rumour from a magazine so I'm pretty sure they have lots of content coming and they will increase the level cap.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Why is the level cap so important? Just because you unlocked the item, doesn't mean you own it. You still need the cash to buy it from the shop.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Not to disappointed with the level caps. If I can unlock everything easily, thats all I need. The surprises will come with future updates and the single player mode. Thats all I need.

RayneTheSkunk

Inkster Jr.
I've personally always found levels to have the right to unlock more stuff a very annoying feature of the modern shooter. So I am very happy the level cap is small.

PyroBandit

Inkling
NNID
PyroBandit
There was an Nes zapper rumour from a magazine so I'm pretty sure they have lots of content coming and they will increase the level cap.
Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo released a bunch of weapons and gear based off of their other franchises. They didn't hesitate to use their other characters in Mario Kart 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom