Leveling up

Thunderlipps

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TaylorWiiU2013
How are people leveling up already? I just played the intro to Splatfest and people are in the square at levels 9 and 14

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I can answer this. Those aren't people. Someone else noticed this elsewhere and figured out that those are fake inklings the game conjures up when it's offline.
I figured that had to be the case...I saw an inkling who had on a team ice cream shirt, but had a miiverse type cloud over his head saying something to the effect of "Ice Cream is the best!!!"...but he was leaning against the wall with a foot up against it and I could not mimic the behavior. Figured it had to be some kind of bot thrown in to give the square a more alive feeling?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I figured that had to be the case...I saw an inkling who had on a team ice cream shirt, but had a miiverse type cloud over his head saying something to the effect of "Ice Cream is the best!!!"...but he was leaning against the wall with a foot up against it and I could not mimic the behavior. Figured it had to be some kind of bot thrown in to give the square a more alive feeling?
...No, that's a standard animation. I have here a picture of a cool-looking inkling I saved eons ago, doing something similar to what you're describing. The fake ones don't have any text if I remember correctly.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
...No, that's a standard animation. I have here a picture of a cool-looking inkling I saved eons ago, doing something similar to what you're describing. The fake ones don't have any text if I remember correctly.
YES, that is what he was doing....hmmmm my inkling was a girl? Maybe that matters? I also couldn't get her to lean against the wall the way this one was...I couldn't get any closer than like 6 inches from it, but again yeah, that is what he was doing XD

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
The plaza isn't actually online, it's just full of NPCs that look like other player's inklings. If the plaza was truly an online hub, then it would just be a bunch of people walking around, instead of the people leaning on stuff and sitting in chairs etc.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
The plaza isn't actually online, it's just full of NPCs that look like other player's inklings. If the plaza was truly an online hub, then it would just be a bunch of people walking around, instead of the people leaning on stuff and sitting in chairs etc.
Honestly, I actually prefer it that way. Makes it feel more alive.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
It is pretty much normal. Just NPC placement before the actual players run in with their miiverse post. The first one does it too before you have any sort of online activity.

It does get complicated when you do have players actually playing in the hub itself. Dark Souls is a good example of live players showing up in the world, and taking you out, but that is a totally different game all together with a more open world.

This however is a small hub with 23 inklings in total, and are online playing mostly. Plus Nintendo doesn't like online interaction that involves talking face to face...*Shrugs.* Unless it is friend added, and you do it in private.

CHuG

Inkling
NNID
SW711079661515
Could possibly be people that have the review copies of the game or early game testers.

Ibusama

Inkster Jr.
The full game is actually live right now, in fact, it was live since February. If you pay attention to the salmon run schedule in the direct you will see that it was live from February till July 18th. So I think they were testing the final build of the game since February this year. other than QA testers, I think many websites and influencers got the review copy and I assume that they will participate in the same Splatfest as us normies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom