• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Leviathan - Official Social Thread - UPDATES: Now Recruiting & Social Hours

PunctualGuy

Inkling

Hello, and welcome to the Leviathan social thread! What is Leviathan? We're a brand new competitive Splatoon group looking to be the very best.

Discord Guest Lounge
This is a public Discord server where guests can interact with me and the rest of the team. This is also where try-outs will occur. Feel free to join to get to know us and ask any questions.You don't even need a Discord account to join!

Members:
Links:
Qualifications:
  • Level: 35 or greater
  • Must have Discord and be active on our Discord server
  • Must be able to use voice communication during gameplay
  • Should be familiar with basic map callouts (example)
Thanks for taking the time to read this, everyone. If you have any questions, either hop on the Guest Lounge or ask here in this thread.

Last edited:

SlenderManPie

Inkling
NNID
slendermanpie
Hai Gais. So I am an S Rank Player. I have discord and have a great mic. However, I have a strict schedule. 5:00-6:00 on weekdays. I play many weapons.
I usually rock out with the .96 Gal Deco or Krakon-Splat Roller, and sometimes Carbon, when playing offensive. I also play defensive, and I usually use the splatterscope/e-liter 3 K, as well as the custom jet. I don't do support very well however. I am EST. However, is there a link to join the discord, cause I can't find it

PunctualGuy

Inkling
Hai Gais. So I am an S Rank Player. I have discord and have a great mic. However, I have a strict schedule. 5:00-6:00 on weekdays. I play many weapons.
I usually rock out with the .96 Gal Deco or Krakon-Splat Roller, and sometimes Carbon, when playing offensive. I also play defensive, and I usually use the splatterscope/e-liter 3 K, as well as the custom jet. I don't do support very well however. I am EST. However, is there a link to join the discord, cause I can't find it
Hello!

Great, sounds like you'll be a good fit. We can discuss more things in depth in the discord. Click on the green "Discord Guest Lounge" text near the top of the original post. Thanks.

NickJay

Inkling
NNID
NickJay93
Hey guys!

I've been playing Splatoon since launch and realized today, "dang, I really need to join a tournament/squad and start playing more competitively." So here I am lol. Your new squad stood out to me, and I'm very interested in joining! I'm new to SquidBoards and I don't have Discord yet, but I plan to set it up tonight. I'm on CT, free for a couple hours in the weekday nights after about 9 PM (since I work full-time), but very free on the weekends.

Main Weapons: Custom Range Blaster, .96 Gal, Neo Splash-O-Matic (also proficient w/ Custom Blaster, Octoshot Replica, Aerospray MG)

Playstyle: I can fill an offensive, defensive, or mixed role depending on my loadout, but I tend to lean more towards the offensive. I enjoy playing aggressively with the Custom Range Blaster most, while maintaining optimal spacing.

NNID: NickJay93

Look forward to meeting you squids. Thanks!

PunctualGuy

Inkling
Hey guys!

I've been playing Splatoon since launch and realized today, "dang, I really need to join a tournament/squad and start playing more competitively." So here I am lol. Your new squad stood out to me, and I'm very interested in joining! I'm new to SquidBoards and I don't have Discord yet, but I plan to set it up tonight. I'm on CT, free for a couple hours in the weekday nights after about 9 PM (since I work full-time), but very free on the weekends.

Main Weapons: Custom Range Blaster, .96 Gal, Neo Splash-O-Matic (also proficient w/ Custom Blaster, Octoshot Replica, Aerospray MG)

Playstyle: I can fill an offensive, defensive, or mixed role depending on my loadout, but I tend to lean more towards the offensive. I enjoy playing aggressively with the Custom Range Blaster most, while maintaining optimal spacing.

NNID: NickJay93

Look forward to meeting you squids. Thanks!
Hello NickJay!

That sounds great! That's just about everything I need to know, haha. We already have quite a few people interested that tend to favor offensive play, but nonetheless, I would be very interested in having you on the team. Hop into the Discord Guest Lounge linked in the original post, and we'll get you set up for try-outs.

Speaking of try-outs, we currently have two set times now: Friday, March 18th at 4PM EST, and Saturday, March 26th, at 4PM EST.I've updated the original post with this info. So anyone interested can try-out at either of those times.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon NickJay. :)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Never heard of those "callouts" before now. That's, uh, a heck of a lot to commit to memory. Are they really all that useful?

Also sorry for being 100% off-topic, but that got my attention :P

PunctualGuy

Inkling
Never heard of those "callouts" before now. That's, uh, a heck of a lot to commit to memory. Are they really all that useful?

Also sorry for being 100% off-topic, but that got my attention :p
New recruits will not be expected to have the callouts memorized (I'm not even sure at this stage which callouts out team is going to use), but at the very least, you should be familiar with the idea. For example, when playing with the team, you should say stuff like "taken out by Splatterscope on their snipping post" or "Splattershot in our Splat Zone", that kind of stuff.

If you have any more questions/concerns, feel free to join our Discord guest lounge and ask away.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That makes a bit more sense. It's one thing to know the stage layouts, another to use military-level squad talk :P Thanks for answering my question.

Joshua Tacchino

Inkling
NNID
MJRT31101
I would love to join I'm in the S rank level 50. I love playing raked and would like to communicate using discord to work on communication as a team put I still need some work on my call outs. I'm 15 so I have school and homework and all that fun stuff but I try to play when ever I have free time. If you see this on 20th I will be on spring brake like most in school so now is a good time to get into a squad and splatoon community. And I will be mostly free until school starts on 28th of March.

PunctualGuy

Inkling
I would love to join I'm in the S rank level 50. I love playing raked and would like to communicate using discord to work on communication as a team put I still need some work on my call outs. I'm 15 so I have school and homework and all that fun stuff but I try to play when ever I have free time. If you see this on 20th I will be on spring brake like most in school so now is a good time to get into a squad and splatoon community. And I will be mostly free until school starts on 28th of March.
Hello! That's good to hear; we're aiming to have weekly practices on weekends, so hopefully that should not interfere with you schoolwork. Our next try-out will be on Saturday, March 23rd at 4:00PM EST. If that doesn't work for you, just let me know, and I'll try to work something out.

Whenever you're ready, hop in the Discord Guest Lounge linked in the first post. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
I would love to try out for this squad. I have been part of a competitive squad before, even being leader of one of our teams. I'm currently S rank, level 50 and have been using discord for a while. I play Normal and Cutom Blaster offensively/defensively and Neo Sploosh very aggressively. I can turn my hand to a few other weapons as well, such as the Kelp Splatterscope and the N-zaps. I am GMT (UK) timezone though, which I dunno if that's a problem, but I don't mind working around it.

PunctualGuy

Inkling
I would love to try out for this squad. I have been part of a competitive squad before, even being leader of one of our teams. I'm currently S rank, level 50 and have been using discord for a while. I play Normal and Cutom Blaster offensively/defensively and Neo Sploosh very aggressively. I can turn my hand to a few other weapons as well, such as the Kelp Splatterscope and the N-zaps. I am GMT (UK) timezone though, which I dunno if that's a problem, but I don't mind working around it.
That's fine. We have a few recruits who are in the GMT timezone already. As long as you can come to tryouts/weekly practices, there's no problem. Hop in the public Discord when you get the chance. Thanks!

Lucca

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tactition_Grima
Pfffp As much as I want to join due to the inactive clan I'm currently in,I really can't use discord or Skype because it makes me play worse.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3

Also sorry for being 100% off-topic, but that got my attention :p
Have you seen any competitive stream with chatter? they all use it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Obviously not, since I don't care about that.

PunctualGuy

Inkling
Hey everyone, I'd like to give a great big congrats to @Pixar @SlenderManPie @Joltik @Tent-attack and @Bigkahuna712 for being the first members to join Leviathan! Great job at tryouts everyone; together we'll go far!

Currently, we will no longer be actively recruiting new members, but if we have a really high demand, we may consider adding a couple more people, so let me know if anyone's interested.

After we have a few weeks to practice together, I'd like to go ahead and start skrimming with other teams, so if any other team captains out there are interested, contact me and we'll try to set something up.

PunctualGuy

Inkling
Hey guys, just a quick update to say that we've added @Shiny and @Kaiwin to the team! Congrats to the both of them.

With that, we are at max capacity. I'll update this thread if any changes occur. But now's the time to start skrimming and getting ready for tournaments, so look out everyone!

PunctualGuy

Inkling
Hello everyone. It's been awhile since my last post, but we are alive and well.

A lot has changed since my last update. We've unfortunately had to cut some members, but we've added some along the way as well. That said, we still need more people to join our ranks, so we're going to be accepting new members! However, our process for recruiting is lightly different now, which bring me to my next update.

We've revamped our Discord Guest Lounge so that we'll be interacting with our guests more. We're now hosting Social Hours, where members of our team will hop over to the Guest Lounge and play in some friendly matches with our guests. This is something new for us, but our last one was a total blast, and we'd love to have more people on board. This is how we will be recruiting new members for now on: join our Guest Lounge and participate in one of our Social Hours; if we like you, we'll tap you on the shoulder and ask you to join us!

We're currently looking for 2-4 new members: we're mainly looking for a Dynamo, a sniper, and a blaster. We also have an additional slot open for just about anything, probably a shooter. So if you're interested, hop into our Guest Lounge and let me (@LVT|LightningLuigi#1639) know you want to join, so I can give you the Recruit role and keep an eye on you. Our next Social Hour will be this Sunday, May 29th, at 4PM EST. If you can't come to this one, don't worry, we'll be hosting these periodically, but do join the guest lounge and let us know you're interested. If you don't want to join Leviathan, that's fine too; you're welcome to join in on the fun anyway.

Thanks everyone! See you soon!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom