• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

LFG, NoA Splatfest: Money$ vs Love♥

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Arise from your ink my NoA regions squishes!
Saturday, February 16th begins our NoA region Splatfest: Money$ vs Love♥

But say you want to play in a Splatfest squad but don't have enough (money) for a full team of four to snuggle with? Well you've found the right thread, because now you have a basecamp to aid your looking-for-group/splats efforts to find that one, two, or three members to complete your team!

Yet keep in mind that though the Squidboards staff can help you with the meet-and-greet, further team-building negotiations like communication, skill level, weapon composition, etc. you dearies will have to hash out on your own.

And again, as I've stated for the NoE thread version: even though we don't moderate anything between yall outside our purview and playing Splatfest can get pretty tense, I'm personally asking yall in all my sappiness to strive to be excellent to each other and party on!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
You peeps have fun with your... pickle unrelated splatfest. I'm not gonna be jealous over here or anything

Not an easy thing to decide on. Having $$$ is of course useful in it's simple ways (think of all the splatoon merch you can buy!) but having the ideal love of your life is pretty great too.

When it comes down to it, i'd probably go with team ❤!

*★Nebula★*

Inkster Jr.
This is actually going to be my first Splatfest with Splatoon 2 lol pretty hyped! I haven't chosen a side yet(leaning towards love because I like pink more than yellow), but would love to have friends to profit together with for this Splatfest.

Padre

Pro Squid
I would pick love, if I was NoA player. Interesting to see how this one goes.

clefable

Inkling
I'm not looking forward to this one nearly as much as the comedy one, mainly because of all the hate going around with it. It's many days away from starting and I've already seen posts in the game saying that if you're on team money you'll be blocked, posts borderline insulting anyone who joined team money, etc. I joined money because you need it to buy food and shelter, but that doesn't mean i hate love. I already know that love will win popularity by a landslide, but i hope this one turns out as good as the last one.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I choose team love, I am all about the love, personally I like the color design of gold better but love has gotten me through a whole lot more than money has.... so if anyone is looking for teammates I would love :D to join in.

On this money hate dispute I don't mind it just a matter of viewpoint and for some circumstances, it may differ from person to person but that okay.
Which is why I feel it ironic for people who support team love to have so much hate over team money tbh
It seems a little bit hypocritical o_O

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
On this money hate dispute I don't mind it just a matter of viewpoint and for some circumstances, it may differ from person to person but that okay.
Which is why I feel it ironic for people who support team love to have so much hate over team money tbh
It seems a little bit hypocritical o_O
Maybe they love to hate?

Haven't chosen a team yet myself, but I'm trying to figure out thematic outfits and weapons for either. Brain farting when it comes to clothing but the bedazzled decos would seem suited for money. And bamboozler seems fitting for both teams. xD

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Team Love! But, while on this topic, I must say I'm quite surprised to find I can't add a heart to my nickname on the Switch for the Splatfest. Did anyone else notice that?! :'(

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
I'm team love because money don't matter like love do. I need two squidmates to make a full squad. Message me or somethin if u wanna be on my squad for the splatfest.<3<3<3. My T is shiny :ability_inkresistance:.I'm guna be dancin in enemy ink. My switch fc issw2497-8552-1603. admeifuhaven'tyet. My sister is also team love <3.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
This was an okay Splatfest. It was better than my last few at the very least. I went 20/15, so I contributed some wins to Team Money. Won some matches with DCs, and those feel quite nice. Lost some matches where we got a DC, and those feel...not so bad since I can't blame it on poor performance on my part.

The match results were...weird. It's almost like my performance is the deciding factor in how the match went. If I played poorly, we won. If I did well, we lost. So in order to win, I needed to try to throw the match. Sadly I didn't have it in me to do that.

I took a couple of screenshots and a video.

First one is Pearl with that awesome cross-armed pose right before the music starts. It looks great with the gold color.

Second one is Team Love sending us a heart before the match ends. Awwww <3

Video is an Inkling dancing. No explanation needed.

DWQpRRrU8AAndsQ.jpg large.jpg DWQpEMMUMAAmA4v.jpg large.jpg

Woomyapple

Full Squid
NNID
Apple
Switch Friend Code
SW-2793-7212-9515
Team Love, <3 I've been using the new sloshing machine in this splatfest. I've only lost like 2 battles with this thing(Bomb Launcher seems to really do well with Sloshing Machine, It was an amazing set in Splatoon 1). I've been getting the best results with it in the current ShiftyStation.

Servers are terrible, though. I've once gotten 4 connection failures and a disconnect right after.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Is it just me or is everybody on team love just incompetent on how to kill people? My teammates never kill anyone and it's not like they're trying to avoid people (which still wouldn't be great) they just can't win. I keep doing my best at holding control but no one seems to be competent on how to win

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Is it just me or is everybody on team love just incompetent on how to kill people? My teammates never kill anyone and it's not like they're trying to avoid people (which still wouldn't be great) they just can't win. I keep doing my best at holding control but no one seems to be competent on how to win
Really? I'm on Team Money and when Love slaughtered us, they slaughtered us! I did manage a good number of wins, mind, but otherwise it was Pepto-Bismol Reflux Town all day long.

Anyway, just finished getting King Rank. Here's the requisite image:

Note: Once again, I won the last few points with judicious use of the Sploosh. Since I already displayed that the last two times I went King Rank, though, I figured I'd show off that I finally reached Level 30 tonight. Can't wait to use the Clash in earnest after this is over!

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
RESULTS
POPULARITY:
Money: 32%
Love: 68%

SOLO WINS:
Money: 49%
Love: 51%

TEAM WINS:
Money: 51%
Love: 49%

CONGRATS TEAM LOVE!!!!

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
The problem with Team Love (which I was a part of by the way) is that by holding 68% of the popular vote, you had a wide spread of players you were going up against or teaming up with. This was my problem with the second half of my splatfest experience this time around. Team not acting as a team, the bad lower level players, the inconsistency. All of that is because 68% of the player base, roughly speaking, were all on the same side. So one match would see you up against the joke squad, then the next you'll be working against the biggest beasts in the land! It's like patting yourself on the back for taking out those Slimes and the going immediately after the Jabberwocky. Just not a good experience overall.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
I actually enjoyed this one. That seems wierd to me because normally if my first 10 matches were all in shifty station and I only had like 8 matches against the other team the entire time I played, that would give me the salt. Finished at 1975 with 31 to 19 w-l out of 50, and on the winning team. That’s better in all categories fot me than the last 3 or 4, so i’ll take it;)

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I only finished at something like 1831, but at one point I was up to 2050. It's just a shame that I couldn't stay at that power level. But there will always be next time! The important part is that I now have many snails to use. I can always be happy about that.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Team Money dude.

I'm pretty satisfied that I got out with a Power of over 2000. Managed to keep it that way for most of it, dipped into the upper 1900s for a few matches but was able to work my way back.

Win to Lose was something like 9:7 ish. I will say, most of my teams were pretty awful at Shifty Station. Only matches I was able to win on that map were if I just played cannon 100% of the match and just Tenta Missile whenever I got full special.

Kinda sad out of the two Splatfests I've participated in, I've lost both. But, no point sweating it, results were super close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom