• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Licensed Gear in Splatoon

LyonHart

Inkster Jr.
Hey guys! So I was zoning out having a moment of random Splatoon thoughts, and I immediately started thinking about the clothing/gear and thought to myself, "what would be some cool garb and accoutrements from other games (Nintendo or not) that would be awesome to have on your character for Splatoon?"

This would be purely cosmetic (think Monster Hunter 4 DLC or LittleBigPlanet), so they obviously wouldn't have effects similar to whatever a certain piece may be from (e.g. Samus' arm cannon. That would actually be lethal >_<).

The first two that came to mind were Ezio (Assassin's Creed) and Dante (Devil May Cry). I would LOVE to go around the battlegrounds wearing either of their outfits. Bayonetta's 'Love Is Blue' or 'Scarborough Fair' guns would be nice to have too. They could function almost as dual Splattershots.

So let me hear it! What type of clothing/weapons would you guys love to see from outside of Splatoon be Splatoon-ified?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I know someone is going to say FLUDD, but I'd prefer to not see it. I'd like to see graphic T shirts or other fashion gear themed to a punky/urban take on various Nintendo IPs. Maybe as an Amiibo perk or something.

Jacob777

Full Squid
NNID
Jacob_Games777
Amiibo suits like in MK8 would be awesome, the game could have gear for every amiibo MK8 uses plus more

Unessential

Full Squid
I would like to see some big name sports brands pay a ****load to nintendo to add their brands to the splatoon world.

What i DON"T want to see is people paying for DLC because the brand is getting paid to advertise instead of paying to advertise.

by the way, Back to the future date is coming soon~ We get to meet marty! xD

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
I really don't want them to shove excessive Nintendo poop in our faces with this game. I don't want Mario Hat/Overalls or Link's hat or Majora's mask costume pieces or Amiibo Nintendo character costumes. I really don't. I want this game to become it's own thing without all those other Nintendo franchises screaming in my face like they do in MK8 and whatever else.

What I would appreciate is some subtle things. Like shirts with old school, 8-bit Nintendo characters on them or something.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Some kind of Blooper related hat would be funny to see, i'm not sure on how much Mario related content Nintendo plans on adding however

Gunster25

Pro Squid
Even though this would be awesome I doubt Nintendo would do it, the only major times they co-operate with third party companies is for Smash.

LyonHart

Inkster Jr.
Even though this would be awesome I doubt Nintendo would do it, the only major times they co-operate with third party companies is for Smash.
This is purely hypothetical. I would honestly be surprised if they did start implementing third party assets into Splatoon, but IF they did... that's what this topic is about.

And we all know how badass this looks allready on sonic
bruh :scared:

Last edited by a moderator:

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
They cooperate a lot more than just Smash but not usually in their EAD titles (Wii Sports/Fit, Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, Splatoon, F-Zero, etc.) but there have been exceptions like the F-Zero GX made by Sega or the Oracle Zelda titles made by Capcom. At the same time they stayed pretty pure and reference free for the most part.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
This is purely hypothetical. I would honestly be surprised if they did start implementing third party assets into Splatoon, but IF they did... that's what this topic is about.
I only said it because you didn't mention that Nintendo probably won't do this in thread description, if it did happen though i'd LOVE Jet Set Radio costumes, fits so well with the game

Reactions: Lyn

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
If there are Beats headphones in splatoon i'll riot. i don't care if i'm rioting by myself i'll do it

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
That would be very cool. I REQUIRE something Sunshine related.

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
That would be very cool. I REQUIRE something Sunshine related.
I'm honestly surprised there isn't a F.L.U.D.D.-like super sprayer, where you have to plant your feet to shoot it. That would be a pretty impressive weapon, or perhaps a turret-like superweapon?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyn

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'm honestly surprised there isn't a F.L.U.D.D.-like super sprayer, where you have to plan your feet to shoot it. That would be a pretty impressive weapon, or perhaps a turret-like superweapon?
Yeah, I've seen a lot of suggestions like this floating around. I'd love it, honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom