List of every weapon that would be better with semi-customizable kits

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I was struck with a thought earlier and I felt the need to make a post about it; what if players were able to choose which sub and special to use on their weapon out of the subs and specials available on its existing kits? Just how many weapons would be improved?
So, I'm going to be listing every weapon that would significantly benefit from semi-customizable kits. I hope you enjoy!

Aerospray - Fizzy Bomb + Booyah Bomb
Kicking the list off we have Aerospray, which is one of the most blatant examples. The weapon would still be an Aerospray, and it'd be competing with Sloshing Machine for the same kit niche; it probably wouldn't see comp use, but it'd be fun.

Splattershot - Splat Bomb + Tri-Zooka
I keep hearing Splattershot players saying how much they prefer Splat Bomb over Suction Bomb due to its faster detonation time working better for damage combos. Well, there you have it.

Splattershot Pro - Suction Bomb + Crab Tank
While Booyah is already pretty good on Forge Pro, Crab Tank is still a better special for the most part. This seems like one case where the dominant kit wouldn't be the only one people use.

L-3 Nozzlenose - Burst Bomb + Crab Tank
Goes without saying.

H-3 Nozzlenose - Splash Wall + Tacticooler
H-3 would be one of the biggest winners with semi-custom kits. Heck, it looks like it could even be viable in comp.

Squeezer - Autobomb + Tri-Zooka
Rounding out the entire Semi-Automatic Shooter subclass is Squeezer, because Splattercolor Screen is bad.

Carbon Roller - Burst Bomb + Zipcaster
In this case, the main weapon wouldn't necessarily be better due to semi-custom kits, but having the flexibility of a good Zipcaster kit is something I'm quite certain Carbon players would thoroughly enjoy.

Flingza Roller - Suction Bomb + Tenta Missiles
Ink Mine isn't bad on Flingza, but it can't compare to Suction Bomb, which also helps the weapon be more aggressive.

E-liter 4K - Ink Mine + Kraken Royale
This one is simple enough. Wave is a bad special right now, but Mine is a perfect sub for Liter. For now, this is optimal.

Slosher - Splat Bomb + Zipcaster
Zipcaster's synergy with Slosher far surpasses Strikes'. The only real issue with Slosher Deco is Angle Shooter.

Tri-Slosher - Fizzy Bomb + Inkjet
Tri-Slosher is an aggressive weapon; while Tacticooler may be a stronger option in a vacuum, Inkjet has far better synergy.

Sloshing Machine - Fizzy Bomb + Tri-Zooka
Another case of one kit having a better special, Machine Neo saw use when it had Sensor, so this kit would be insane.

Mini Splatling - Burst Bomb + Big Bubbler
This one should be pretty self-explanatory.

Nautilus - Suction Bomb + Ink Storm
Nautilus having access to both its Suction Bomb and Ink Storm in the same kit would actually make it quite formidable and probably bump it up to a place where it'd find consistent usage in meta comps. Big winner.

Dapple Dualies - Torpedo + Tacticooler
A good Dapples kit? Never thought I'd see the day. And I still won't. Would obviously be a big winner weapon.

Glooga Dualies - Splash Wall + Tri-Zooka
A case nearly identical to Sloshing Machine. (The two weapons got remarkably similar kits, didn't they?) The combination of Wall and Tri-Zooka is especially effective, meaning that Glooga would likely beneift more than Machine.

Tetra Dualies - Autobomb + Zipcaster
Out of all of the weapons here, this is the most obviously improved one. Tetra players already wish this was the case.

Luna Blaster - Fizzy Bomb + Zipcaster
The only blaster on the list because almost all of the others already have a clearly better kit. Zip is better than Stamp.

Painbrush - Curling Bomb + Tenta Missiles
Painbrush synergizes significantly better with Curling than Sensor, and the mobility sub would allow it to follow up on its missiles much more easily than it can with the existing Nouveau kit.

Tri-Stringer - Sprinkler + Killer Wail 5.1
Killer Wail is a perfect special for Stringer, but it needs Sprinkler's paint in order to, well, paint well. The weapon would benefit strongly.

Splatana Wiper - Torpedo + Tenta Missiles
Stamp is not very good, and the weapon would prefer a bomb over a Beakon.

Splatana Stamper - Burst Bomb + Crab Tank
*Seep and Destroy begins playing*
Besides Tetra Dualies, Splatana Stamper is obviously the biggest winner for semi-custom kits. Forget going hard, the weapon would go rigorous with both Burst and Crab in the same kit. Probably the only thing that would be too broken.

The total number of weapons that would be significantly improved by semi-custom kits: 22/55 or 40%

Conclusion: They should certainly add this I'm quite certain nothing would go wrong.

Well, thanks for reading through this.
Feel free to share your opinions on the matter, other inputs are always appreciated.
Outside of that, have a wonderful day. Catch you later!

Last edited:

Babab

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7735-7052-6321
I had the exact same thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom