• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[Locked]

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Hey everyone! Some members here have suggested that a MVP be voted upon after each session and awarded a certain amount of points (either a set amount or a percentage of their overall score for that session). This way, players who serve different roles than spraying ink or getting kills can compete with those who do and aren't penalized for their play style. However, there is always the risk that the voting for the MVP may be unfairly executed (but I don't think that's the case as we are all mature players here).

Tell me what you guys think by voting in the poll and by leaving a comment down below. I prefer that we decide this matter before a session take place so average scores aren't skewed. Thanks!

Edit: I screwed up with making the poll :(. Sorry about that. I'll just do it manually.

Last edited:

Tentacruel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kevin0217
What would happen in the event of a tie? Would each player get half of the rewards? Also, voting for yourself should be banned so that people aren't just voting for themselves everytime.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
What would happen in the event of a tie? Would each player get half of the rewards? Also, voting for yourself should be banned so that people aren't just voting for themselves everytime.
In the event of a tie, the reward would be split. Yes, voting for yourself is banned. Sorry I didn't mention those.

What's your stance on the matter? I'm personally against it because I think too many problems could arise like intentionally not voting for the clearly best player, ganging up on someone, relationships being "ruined" because you didn't vote for someone, voting for a good friend even though he/she didn't truly deserve it etc. It'll also be hard to gage who the MVP is because your not garenteed to encounter him/her. I could be wrong though.

callmediego

Inkster Jr.
NNID
callmediego
How about just most kills and fewest deaths? I agree that it might be difficult to gauge players contributions.

UltraGamer89

Inkling
NNID
Mariobros4
Wouldn't the person with the most kills/fewest deaths almost always have a ton of points anyway?
I honestly believe we're better off without the MVP, unless we figure out an amazing way to reward it.

Njok

Bouncer
if someone has most kills + fewest deaths then yes he would have a bunch of points. But let's say a sniper goes just 3-0 or something and you dominate the match. He's probably got way less points in this scenario then the rest of the team. That doesn't mean those 3 kills were less important. It could have easily meant a turn around if he didn't get those 3 kills. Then again, they could have been less important which is why i suggested a voting system. I do agree though that there's probably too many problems with a system like that.

I just think it would be a shame if it turns out to be 8 people with a tentatek.

Magix

Inkster Jr.
Participants also being the judges? Nah, I have no faith that it would end up with fair results. And as the whole point of this would be to give a fair bonus to the "best" player ... No.

However, there have also been requests for spectator mode. Why not just combine the two ideas and let spectators vote for their favourite player?

Njok

Bouncer
I am fairly sure i never used the term best player. That wasn't my point. My point was that certain types of weapons may not be used if there is no way to reward supportive roles. See my post above for an example.

I also admitted it probably won't work out for those exact reasons.

If a spectator mode were to come than i agree that it's a great way to use it. I wouldn't get my hopes up about that in the near future though.

Edit: actually i spectators would just vote on their friends i guess so it still would give the same problems.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
I am fairly sure i never used the term best player. That wasn't my point. My point was that certain types of weapons may not be used if there is no way to reward supportive roles. See my post above for an example.

I also admitted it probably won't work out for those exact reasons.

If a spectator mode were to come than i agree that it's a great way to use it. I wouldn't get my hopes up about that in the near future though.

Edit: actually i spectators would just vote on their friends i guess so it still would give the same problems.
Njok, what weapon do you use?

Njok

Bouncer
Anything really (except for brushes), so i didn't bring this up in my own interest if that's what you're asking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom