Looking for a splatting weapon

PowrToPlay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jdb1984
From the beginning, I've always favored weapons with high fire rates because "Inking turf is the objective, and weapons with high fire rates are good at doing that".

But now, with splatting foes being as important as the objective, and playing almost exclusively in Ranked, I think it's time for a change. Don't get me wrong, I still love my custom Duel Squelcher, but I think it's time to try a weapon that can splat an enemy in a couple of shots. I would try the Tentatek Splattershot, but I haven't had great experiences with the Inkzooka.

Any ideas on where I can start?

Ayykari

Senior Squid
If you're used to Dual Squelcher, I could possibly suggest the Gal weapons or the Splattershot Pro, since you're looking for 'a splatting weapon.' They play quite differently, but splat in 2-3 hits and still have an impressive range. Out of the Gal weapons, the .52 fires faster with less range and the .96 has a lower fire rate, but increased range. Both versions splat in two hits, unless you are too far away. You move rather slowly and don't have a whole lot of accuracy when using one, though. Splattershot Pro fires quickly and has better mobility, but splats in three hits and has awful ink efficiency.

Alternatively, you could try chargers, though chargers have a very different style required than shooters

If you still want to use Tentatek, you could try practicing with Splat Charger. It would likely help you when you try using Inkzooka.

Macaque

Inkster Jr.
NNID
R-Gray-S
As above, try giving the Gals a try. If you're used to the Dual Squelcher you will find it much easier to splat opponents. With the 96 you will always be a 2 hit kill 100% of the time, but with the 52 you might be a 3 hit.

I feel the Tentatek is more of a general weapon rather than a dedicated splatting weapon. Especially with the Inkzooka nerf, the Tentatek just isn't as scary as it used to be!

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
The .96 deco probably. It has the same range as the dual squelcher, but splats in 2 hits. Has a wall, which will always be meta, and the kraken. You can try the splattershot pro as well (the forge has the inkzooka, which you said you don't like). It doesn't have an awesome special, but the sub is very useful and it splats people really well.

Honestly, I find the vanilla DS really good at splatting people, even with the low damage. Echo lets you know exactly where people are so you can track their movements better, and the splat bombs help push people out of hiding. Keeping people at range and knowing when to retreat and reposition is key though.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
If you're used to Custom Dual Squelcher and/or normal Dual Squelcher, I highly recommend the normal .96 Gal. Like those two, this weapon is an anchorer, but more offensive due to the 2-hit kill and Echolocator to keep track of the upcoming adversaries. Sprinkler is also amazing for holding down areas.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
Start with the TTK, 52 gal, or 96 gal deco. These are all well-rounded weapons and can help you to pinpoint particular areas you want to emphasize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom