Looking for advice from A+/S rank Tentatek users.

Ellen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EllenM92
I have also started using this build

WVW69jVnZXkisjseWZ.jpg

Dance around them with run and swim speed, and if you happen to die, well, you'll be back in no time.

Also, this build is nice. Speed and 1 damage main. That 1 damage counters 2 mains of defense, and if someone is running more, you'll probably out-speed them anyway.

WVW69jVbXx8lTzdaaz.jpg

The defense build I initially posted is good too, i've just recently been focusing on speed. However, as mentioned above, the Tentatek is so gear independent, it comes down to play style and the role you want to play. :)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I have also started using this build

View attachment 3548

Dance around them with run and swim speed, and if you happen to die, well, you'll be back in no time.

Also, this build is nice. Speed and 1 damage main. That 1 damage counters 2 mains of defense, and if someone is running more, you'll probably out-speed them anyway.

View attachment 3549

The defense build I initially posted is good too, i've just recently been focusing on speed. However, as mentioned above, the Tentatek is so gear independent, it comes down to play style and the role you want to play. :)
Personally for the first set i'd swap out both the run-speed up and ink resist for either haunt/1 special duration up/1 special saver/more swim speed up/more quick respawn if you're aiming for a set that can quickly return to the fray after getting splatted.

Ellen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EllenM92
Personally for the first set i'd swap out both the run-speed up and ink resist for either haunt/1 special duration up/1 special saver/more swim speed up/more quick respawn if you're aiming for a set that can quickly return to the fray after getting splatted.
I may switch to the squid stitch tee since it's swim and quick respawn. I just A) love me some run speed and B) I really like that parka, lol

EDIT: you're right lol. I like having the extra swim to get back even faster. Put on the black baseball ls to add swim plus keep some run speed. The parka is now reserved for my damage/swim/run build. :D

Last edited:

HTLNBLNG

Inkling
NNID
GalaxyFight11
Hi. I'm in S and a frequent user of the Tentatek Splattershot.

I run pretty much all mobility abilities if I can;
the Black Baseball LS, and the Oyster Clogs are amazing gear to own and use: if rolled properly, you get 1 main and 3 subs of both Run Speed Up and Swim Speed Up.
The Golf Visor is useful too, if you can roll well.

The Tentatek's defining feature is its immense versatility; it's capable of being incredibly offensive, rushing in and winning every 1v1 scenario, while simultaneously it can be played very conservatively, using the gun's impressive manuvering skills and disturbing kill power (The gun should kill in 3 hits.) to kill enemies as they come to you, instead of you being the instigator. How you like to play is up to you; both are equally as good, in my opinion.

However, the main thing the two playstyles I outlined have in common is an ability to constantly win the 1v1. To help in this goal, here are some tips.
1. Angles are everything. You will need to find a spot, and an angle, where you can kill the opponent faster than they can turn around and kill you. This is not hard, but an ability to consistently avoid fire and splat quickly is a hallmark of good Tentatek play.
2. Jumping out of the ink is an excellent option. You carry a lot of horizontal momentum if you jump out of the water while turning the gamepad. Shooting in the air while doing this is the best method for getting surprise kills, as you are very difficult to hit, and you should probably have secured the splat by the time you hit the ground. This is important, as the Tentatek excells at...
3. Hit and run. This playstyle is best exemplified by the Tentatek: its kill power and high mobility leads it to excel at getting kills and then avoid any possible sticky situation: i.e. you flank the team, but you kill one guy and get picked off by everyone else.

I do hope I helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom