• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

LOOKING FOR INK OR SINK TOURNAMENT COMMENTATORS

Wobz

Inkling
NNID
WobzGames
IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN COMMENTATING FOR SQUIDDERNAUTS DELTA??
Looking For:
  • 2-3 Commentators
  • One of whom that can re-stream in decent quality
Re-streaming would be to go to the Squiddernauts twitch and open a pop out window and record the stream and stream it under your twitch

Commentators are important for the stream to ensure that viewers are entertained while watching the tournament; much better than just listening to game audio.
Anyone interested please let me know and I can give you my Skype info if need be
Also, here is the Ink Or Sink thread with the rules and such - http://squidboards.com/threads/ink-or-sink-tournament-v-1-0-4.3564/

EDIT: I HAVE A STREAMER, JUST NEED 2 COMMENTATORS

Last edited:

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Just wondering - how do you plan to have the commentators cast the event? Would just like to get a clearer picture of your intentions for anyone interested in casting this.

Last edited:

LittleSoundDJ

Full Squid
NNID
littlesounddj
While commentating Splatoon is something i want to start doing, I don't know that there's enough infrastructure to the game to put out a good presentation. Without being able to at least see multiple player's POVs, it makes it so a lot is missed. even if multiple streams from the game are captured, it's not likely the views will be synced properly, and would also need a second buffer stream so the casters are seeing the same thing when the views are switched. I feel a spectator mode may be necessary for online events to be properly commentated. I plan on doing post game analysis and commentary of games my team plays, and for now that may be best.

Live events, if they start to happen, will work if the tournaments have the gear. but 8 capture cards, plus a switcher gets expensive.

Long story short, I'm interested, but how do you plan to do it?

Ashton Cox

Inkling
NNID
Mancuscrub
I would love to but am not quite sure how i would be able to comentate for 5 minutes (sortof) on how the match was going. will run it through while i play some matches myself but I would not be able to restream

Wobz

Inkling
NNID
WobzGames
While commentating Splatoon is something i want to start doing, I don't know that there's enough infrastructure to the game to put out a good presentation. Without being able to at least see multiple player's POVs, it makes it so a lot is missed. even if multiple streams from the game are captured, it's not likely the views will be synced properly, and would also need a second buffer stream so the casters are seeing the same thing when the views are switched. I feel a spectator mode may be necessary for online events to be properly commentated. I plan on doing post game analysis and commentary of games my team plays, and for now that may be best.

Live events, if they start to happen, will work if the tournaments have the gear. but 8 capture cards, plus a switcher gets expensive.

Long story short, I'm interested, but how do you plan to do it?
Until Splatoon gets a spectator mode (Which it probably will, its in very hight demand, i mean we got LAN) the commentators have to restream and commentate over the original stream

Ashton Cox

Inkling
NNID
Mancuscrub
Alright and how would I restream? I mean i have good internet and all for it I just wouldnt know what to do

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Alright and how would I restream? I mean i have good internet and all for it I just wouldnt know what to do
You would screen capture the original stream with a program such as OBS and stream it while talking over the gameplay.

Ashton Cox

Inkling
NNID
Mancuscrub
Now I am in the tournament and will most likely not be able to commentate sorry >.<

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
Maybe if the later rounds come in around next week, I will happily commentate. However, right now, I cannot commentate this week. I am looking to commentate TONS of matches, and I know about skills, tech, and such.

I will happily do so if I can next week (which I may doubt), but other than that, I can't do the job.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
anyone looking to stream multiple sources at once might want to look into tardsplaya (not joking)

basically outputs a twitch stream to mpc-hc with less latency and better quality, plus you can pause the streams a little to sync them up. has a few minor bugs and you need to configure mpc-hc to open new windows for new media files but it's very good for this sort of thing

EirikN

Full Squid
NNID
Novaxxe
I am definitely up for commentating sometime. Have a couple amateur years of experience in commentating play-by-play and good mic quality.

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
Yo I'm still up for commentating on IoS, this tournament is the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom