• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Looking To Pre-emptively Gauge Interest For An UK/EU Based Team

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Hey all, from what I can gather a majority of active posters are US based. As a result I'm looking to gauge interest in a competitive team based in the EU or if possible the UK specifically. Normally I wouldn't ask this far in advance, reasons being that as of right now we don't even know if competitive team play is going to be completely possible without too much hassle, however I haven't been able to identify a significant number of EU/UK based players interested in Comp play so far so I wanted to gauge some interest ahead of time.

The reason I'm asking for EU/UK player's specifically is primarily to optimise connections as we'll have to use a VoIP and network playing obviously and we don't have any knowledge on the quality of the netcode. After release I feel online only, mixed NA/EU teams will function fine if the netcode and game can support ping's of between 80-150 ping.

So just to clarify I'm not forming a team yet but I'd love to gauge interest and have a list of players interested in playing and forming a team quickly upon release or near to the fact. If you could give any extra info when commenting, the usual, location, NNID and maybe primary language etc. Anything you feel necessary.

Oathkeeper

Inkling
NNID
MForward56
Yo, this is Oath signing in. I live in Scotland, I speak English with maybe the slight off-chance of slipping in to dialect and my NNID is MForward56. I'm looking forward to playing this game when it releases and becoming a part of the community too!

Reactions: Kat

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
I'll leave the thread open for a couple days before establishing anything, thanks for registering your interest!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Interesting. I don't live in Europe, but good luck on that!

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I'm certainly interested in this, being from England and all. I can't really say for certain that I will be able to join a team. I honestly want to see what the game's netcode is like and if it can really handle online play. If it can, then I'll definitely want to join a UK based team.

Kweeveen

Inkster Jr.
Hey Kat. You can count me in. I'm definitely interested in joining a team. I'm in Ireland, my NNID is my username and I speak English.

jordanm43444

Inkling
From Scotland here, id be interested in joining a team, but whether I can actually play this game online is a different story.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Amsterdam here. Quite interested, and open to voice chat if you guys don't mind a Dutch accent.

Robbie

Inkling
NNID
DrKenshin
Heyo all. I'm not european but I've been living in Europe for a few years now and so I'd definitely prefer to find some people to play with competitively who speak english rather than the local language. I've become the friend who lags because he's across the ocean but competitively I'm totally down for joining a team in Europe. I have a Mumble server we could use with your computer or an app on your phone and headphones if that could work. I played competitive TF2 and Halo 3 back in America years ago.

Dorian

Inkling
NNID
Calciiifer
From Croatia here but my english is spot on . I'm interested and don't worry the language barrier is non existent. Open to voice chat. I'm just wondering how will competitive play in splatoon be played?

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
I'm Nathan from the UK. I know myself and a friend are interested in forming a group when the option is available.

Dragmire

Inkling
NNID
GanonBoar
Sure, I'm from the UK too and I'd love to be in it.NNID: GanonBoar

Last edited:

Mike1993

Inkling
NNID
MyCoats
I'm in! From Manchester and my NNID is 'MyCoats'. Cant wait for the lobby features so we can actually play an organised game!

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Better pick a good team so mine can body it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom