• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Lower disruptors ink cost.

wozibot

Inkling
NNID
They do no damage, no ink and you then need ink to try and splat the opposition.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
They do no damage, no ink and you then need ink to try and splat the opposition.
they only waste 50% of your ink, which is very generous compared to other sub weapons. unless you're using a weapon that consumes a lot of ink on it's own, which to my knowledge there aren't any with disruptor, than you should have plenty of ink left to splat an opponent. if you really are having trouble managing your ink, than you should try using some ink savers (which are really good now because of the recent patch) or ink recovery up (which got an even better buff). otherwise you should work on managing your ink. Don't be constantly spreading ink because than when you're facing an opponent, you'll be out of ink before them especially if you're gonna use disruptor. the safest way to use disruptor (or any sub weapon) is to recover most of your ink (at least 75%) and than throw one. don't throw one when you're tank is half empty.

Dylan26

Full Squid
Content Team
NNID
Dylan26
if u lower disruptor's ink cost, you'll be able to throw 2. With disruptors already being a GREAT sub (they immobilize opponent and make them lose ink, like whoa that's an insta-kill) you wouldn't be seeing any comps without at least 1 or 2 weapons with a disruptor. this sub is honestly really good and does not need any buffs (MAYBE its range).

just my opinion though. :)

wozibot

Inkling
NNID
I don't see the problem with throwing two even at the same target. Whats it going to do reset the timer that was started a second ago? No damage and no ink. Disruptors are not really all that strong, just an inconvenience more than anything else. Considering the weapons they are paired with I don't see the problem with reducing the ink to about 33%.

Nousha

Full Squid
NNID
NoushaKhanom
I agree with @Leronne that the ink consumption is decently generous, I still extra ink-saver subs definitely come in handy though since it is a pretty good sub imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom