Splatoon 2 Luna Blaster Neo

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
So the Luna Blaster Neo has been announced to release tonight (Time zone depending of course) with sub Ink Mines and special Suction Bomb Launcher. I've got a bit of a theory on how to use this weapon most effectively.

On first thought I recognized this weapon as a controller with it's main job to protect mid. Ink mines will be used on openings into mid from the enemy base so you and your team can be aware of where the threats are. The Luna will be swimming around punishing people coming out into mid with their quick kill time, and they'll know where to go because of those point sensors. Then with the special it allows the opportunity to let your team back into mid to take back control. It will also help take out other threats to mid like ballers or bubbles as you can just chuck the bombs right at them and they're useless.

In terms of set, I would go with sub power up to increase that tracking time, ninja squid so you can expose your enemies without being caught yourself and then swim speed (more than 1 main and 2 subs) so you can move around fast and unseen to those ink mines when people set them off and get marked. Really that's all I see myself running on this weapon but I suppose you could use special saver or maybe even tenacity or special charge to make sure you have that bomb launcher at the ready whenever you need it.

As an opening tactic you could go out with a better painting weapon straight into mid unseen with your teammate (idk maybe a splattershot or N-Zap or something) offering control for you to be able to abuse that ninja squid right from the get go.

All in all I think this weapon will be good at bamboozling enemies with ink mines and direct hits and especially being a nuisance in splat zones. I'm pretty excited to try this out soon :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom