• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Luna blaster

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I LOVE the Luna blaster, though it barely has range, I can just tap squids with it and they x out, literally, its like I'm just the squid no one will like if you see me with this weapon, and I love using the ink mine, so watch your 'ink'! (step) though that weapon sometimes doesn't work but with moray towers, that's the BEST stage to use ink mines on!

Last edited:

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Does anyone else love the ink mines?, and when you have all of the gear with the damage up ability, you feel in-destructible, also this is perfect to use in ranked battles

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
The Luna Blaster is definitely my favorite out of all the blasters. But it's weird really. Ink mines are one of my favorite sub weapons, yet for whatever reason I prefer the Luna Blaster Neo. I guess it just depends on your playstyle with that certain weapon. I've tried using the regular Luna Blaster before and didn't end up doing as well. But this is why we have custom variants of all the weapons, right? (I've personally never used Luna Blasters in ranked battles because I don't feel like blasters are my best weapon type. How do Luna Blaster users usually play in ranked?)

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Well, with splat zones I use the blaster that comes with a bomb rush, and the gear abilities I use are all special up, and for tower control and rainmaker, I use the blaster that comes with the ink mine, though if you use all damage up abilities, you'll never get to use the inkzooka. point blank...

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
Well, that's good to know. I always seem to have a hard time charging up the inkzooka special with it. I usually wear a little bit of special charge up now and a few points definitely makes a difference for me. But I still have more damage up than special charge up (and special saver, if that helps at all). That's probably why I don't always do my best with it. Thank you though. I will keep those special abilities in mind when using a Luna Blaster.

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
I've tried really hard to utilize the Ink Mines but I've never gotten the set to really work out; Splat Bombs seem to be able to do almost everything the Ink Mines can do, and more. Inkzooka takes ages to charge without a toss-able bomb so that makes a double whammy for me. I don't quite know how you're getting the set to work so well but kudos to you on that.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
On tower control, It was a ranked battle with 3 people on my team (also in S rank) me and another person had a luna blaster, and another with a .52 gal and we won, but I knocked out 16 people, the other person with the same weapon splatted 18, so yes this seems like the perfect weapon... if you are wearing the gear with damage up abilities.;)

TitaniaKarla

Inkster Jr.
I love the luna blaster but then i hate at the same time. it a commonly used weapon especially in tower control they are tooo OP

ann_squid

Inkling
I prefer the Luna Blaster Neo since it allows me to use splat bombs, and I'm very effective with splat bombs. Plus, I can't use the inkzooka for the life of me.

I might try it out once again during tower control because the inkmines are a sub weapon I haven't really explored much

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom