Making a team

Nshimo64

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0070-3551-9640
Hola, I’m wanting to make and captain my own team, what should I know before doing this?

1nfa

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2936-2194-2313
So these is the main things that I would say as someone who's been in comp for a while(sorry for errors, it's 11pm and I plan to sleep soon) Also the youtube series that was linked above is a really good watch

-Know what you want coming into it
To explain what I mean by this, have your goals clear. The reason for this is a lot of teams will fall apart due to conflicting goals. Being able to say this early on is very helpful. Just know that depending on your goals, it might take some time. For example, if your goal is to play a comp to counter the meta or something along those lines. It will take a lot longer to find people

-Over detail everything
This is one I'm just now getting to understand and wish I was told. To explain, when talking about your team, or scheduling scrims. A lot of things go wrong as you overlook something you know that someone else doesn't. It's better to over detail things and be seen as a bit insane, than to have things go wrong as you don't do it

-Be patient
A lot of things go wrong, just work through it and things tend to work out well.

-Come in willing to learn
If you want to go far in comp, you need to be willing to put aside all biases you have and just learn. So many people don't do this past a certain point

-Reach out for help
This game is complex, the best thing we can do is ask for help to improve everyone in the scene. Don't try to ego through the problem, asking for help isn't being needy or an issue, people love to help but you need to ask first.

-Have fun
People lose track of this as the main goal of a video game, don't take it too serious to where it ruins your enjoyment of it

There is more, but at that point it'd be easier to dm it to you and explain it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom