• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Map Switching is the only flaw in this game so far.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
4 hours is too long for only 2 maps. It's a good idea, periodic mao switching, but 4 hours is way too long,

Kilam

Inkling
NNID
MalJamMay
It does sound like a really bad idea and only considering that we only have 5 maps currently, repetition of stages seems like a huge problem. Hopefully a update comes around so it's not 4 hours but maybe 1 or 2.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
I certainly wouldn't say it's the only flaw. It's a great game, but it has its flaws. What about having to exit the lobby to change weapons? Or the fact that the game is only launching with 2 gamemodes and 5 maps? Or that silly catchup mechanic in Splat Zones?

I love this game, or else I wouldn't be here, but it is still worthwhile to recognize the game's downfalls.

Last edited:

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I certainly wouldn't say it's the only flaw LOL. It's a great game, but it has its flaws. What about having to exit the lobby to change weapons? Or the fact that the game is only launching with 2 gamemodes and 5 maps? Or that silly catchup mechanic in Splat Zones?

I love this game, or else I wouldn't be here, but it is still worthwhile to recognize the game's downfalls.
I said "so far". I'm sure I'll come across some more flaws as I play more.

Osha

Full Squid
NNID
Oshawatt
I certainly wouldn't say it's the only flaw LOL. It's a great game, but it has its flaws. What about having to exit the lobby to change weapons? Or the fact that the game is only launching with 2 gamemodes and 5 maps? Or that silly catchup mechanic in Splat Zones?

You can change gear in the lobby, you just need to not be in a game. And that choice makes sense because it'd just make games take longer to start if we had to wait for everyone to change their gear after a match.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Moved to maps.

And no this OP is false.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
heh, its not the games only flaw. I don't really conciser this a flaw at all.

It give lame guys like me who have other responsibilities opportunities to really focus on strategies for a just 1 (or two) maps. in a short game session

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Yeah I don't even think the map rotation thing is a flaw. Doesn't really bother me much at all.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I think the reason this stood out to me is because the current map rotation is Urchin Underpass and Saltspray Rig, the latter of which I've played for 3 testfires already.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
While I'd rather not have the system, it doesn't bother me that much. My problem lies with the fact that you will be taken out of the game every few hours and be forced to watch those irritating celebrity squids explain in an unskippable cutscene that the maps are changing. That's going to become a nuisance very quickly, I imagine

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
While I'd rather not have the system, it doesn't bother me that much. My problem lies with the fact that you will be taken out of the game every few hours and be forced to watch those irritating celebrity squids explain in an unskippable cutscene that the maps are changing. That's going to become a nuisance very quickly, I imagine
Well you could spam A to make it go by in about 5 seconds.

Anyways, it's not Splatoon's only flaw, but definitely one of the biggest. At least we know there'll be 3 maps at a time in the future when more maps are released.

EDIT: It's the time, not the amount of maps that bothers me. 4 hours is kind of ridiculous.

Last edited:

Sarger

Full Squid
NNID
SargerSplatoon
Considering the maps are going to play different every time because the ink placement will always be different depending on your team/enemy team, no. It's not as big of a flaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom