Maps stick to the game's theme or do whatever?

Maps

• Keep to the City/Industrial Themes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Do whatever

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Keep to the game's concept but work as much to make maps different

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

NormalBear

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NormalB3ar
Obviously this is a guess WAY ahead of Splatoon's release as well as a while from when they will start adding in possible other later on DLC map packs and etc. but it's cool what style they are going for on this street deal and urban/industrial stuff. But would it be cool to flex that and try more outlandish places? Or maps that may not fit in the game they are just for the fun of it? Like how many warehouse factories or city streets can you do?
Here's am expansion on this thought, you can either down the line and break it, make wacky unrelated maps just for fun like a Super Mario based map or some castle place. Or keep to the game's theme and concept but work around it and make basically loopholes to make it fit, as in a haunted house map but the actual context is it's a theme park's haunted house ride. What do you think?

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I'd say keep the urban identity for this entry, go wild once the IP is established. A few cross-over maps could be cool to change the pace though, but I think it is important for the IP to have a firm identity on the first game. (to be fair I believe they nailed it already, and the identity is very strong, but I think they should only try to break from it on the next entry)

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I think the Maps will "Do whatever" after a few "Splatoon themed" maps came out~

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
I think it would be neat to see a map that's like a multi-level laser tag arena where the ink glows. I also think a sort of office building, something like a pared down version of Sword Base from Halo Reach could be cool. X)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
The game seems to be a pretty urban fashion-centered thing so I'd say go for anything! The more creative the maps are, the more fun. :)

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, I think it should mostly stick to it. Of course, it should also have a few different types of maps to diverse itself even more every once and a while.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I was daydreaming about the Rainmaker mode and how the central object is from ancient Japanese folklore and architecture, and it made me think about the game being re-themed for that mode. Any special maps for it could be based less on the cutting-edge style and design of trendy Tokyo, and more on the castles and older buildings that can be found in every city. Making new maps is a lot of work, but they are clearly putting a lot of work into Rainmaker...

Whatever happens, it'll be fun.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I like consistency, so Nintendo sticking with the urban/industrial theme for Splatoon is of my preference.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
They can be a bit more experimental but remain in the art style and keep the "colorful gritty" feel and "urbanize" it a bit it would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom