• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mayo vs Ketchup is Stupid and I Hate it (New miniseries)

°Sea Cowie°

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SailorMewn
Switch Friend Code
SW-6832-4486-4403
Listen up squiddos, because I'm angry.
Number one: I hate ketchup and love mayo, so I choose team mayo.
I find it horrible to watch team mayo crash before my very eyes. I could've avoided it, you could say, but no. I'm going to stay honest.
Number two: Nintendo better leave my goblin alone because they are giving her the worst options.
Cake vs Icecreams was okay, but biased- it's summer.
Mayo vs Ketchup though... Ugh!
It's not even Mustard- where did this Mayo idea come from?
Now, someone could give me the excuse "Pearl doesn't like Mustard!"
But this is a video game. The world is changeable.
A single bit of coding could make it so Pearl likes Mustard.

Sincerely,
A sad parent who wants super sea snails but is already team mayo

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I think team mayo has a better chance than team cake did XD

I chose ketchup because of its flexibility. I only use mayo on burgers (along WITH ketchup) and sammiches...ketchup goes on my eggs, fries, tots, hash browns, nuggets...list is lengthy. I think mustard would have lost to ketchup worse than mayo probably will =P

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I think team mayo has a better chance than team cake did XD

I chose ketchup because of its flexibility. I only use mayo on burgers (along WITH ketchup) and sammiches...ketchup goes on my eggs, fries, tots, hash browns, nuggets...list is lengthy. I think mustard would have lost to ketchup worse than mayo probably will =P
That's pretty much the main reason why I will more then likely chose Team Ketchup.

I use ketchup on more types of food then mayo but I like both mayo and ketchup equally (although another would be because one of my friends simply hates mayo with a passion, so it's pretty obvious on what side my friend is choosing and I did wanted to team up with my friends this splatfest).

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I think this'll be a little more close in popularity because it's global - America loves it's ketchup, and Japan adores the mayo :P I went with ketchup cause that's what my friends chose and neither are the hot sauces that I like.

Belial

Full Squid
Yeah, I don't even eat Ketchup... but Mayo is a good base in some Japanese food and sauces so I went with that. Glad to know it's global now. Might balance thing out for us. I never cared for local fests because they tend to swing in a really predictable manner.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm a big ketchup fan and will be on that team, but mayo is one of those things that is in a ton of things that I don't realize and I really like it. From what I can see, this is going to be a lot more even than ice cream vs. cake in terms of popularity. Japan being in on this will give Pearl more of a fighting chance in popularity which is nice, I can't speak on NoA and Europe. I assume Ketchup wins popularity in the US because of the Marina Factor ™, but people like mayo a lot too.

It's funny how splatfests feel more interesting the less interesting the match up is. Cake vs. Ice Cream is an immediate debate that people can argue and mull over, whereas Ketchup vs. Mayo feels kinda random and less people are willing to die on that hill. It feels more fun and chill.

Netro Vince

Pro Squid
NNID
vchutt
i don't have the game but i would go for mayo because it's just awesome. Now i'm not saying ketchup is bad I actually kind of like ketchup I just like mayo better.

D

Deleted Member

As much as I love going for the underdogs, I had to go with ketchup. Mayo is just disgusting

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Listen up squiddos, because I'm angry.
Number one: I hate ketchup and love mayo, so I choose team mayo.
I find it horrible to watch team mayo crash before my very eyes. I could've avoided it, you could say, but no. I'm going to stay honest.
Number two: Nintendo better leave my goblin alone because they are giving her the worst options.
Cake vs Icecreams was okay, but biased- it's summer.
Mayo vs Ketchup though... Ugh!
It's not even Mustard- where did this Mayo idea come from?
Now, someone could give me the excuse "Pearl doesn't like Mustard!"
But this is a video game. The world is changeable.
A single bit of coding could make it so Pearl likes Mustard.

Sincerely,
A sad parent who wants super sea snails but is already team mayo
Cake is superior to Ice Cream in every way... Because cake can be made out of ice cream, but it's still an ice cream CAKE.
CAKE USES ICE CREAM'S OWN STRENGTHS AGAINST IT
IT CANNOT BE SPLATTED BY THE MERE TRICKERY OF FROZEN MILK!!

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
I do favor ice cream more, but that's because it's more convenient to consume than cake. Both of them are excellent sweet treats, especially when combined. But it Marina's popularity should be taken into consideration of the results of the Splatfest.

Though I can't be the only one who always saves the icing part of the cake for last because it's the best part, right?

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I do favor ice cream more, but that's because it's more convenient to consume than cake. Both of them are excellent sweet treats, especially when combined. But it Marina's popularity should be taken into consideration of the results of the Splatfest.

Though I can't be the only one who always saves the icing part of the cake for last because it's the best part, right?
For some weird reason, I always try to consume an equal amount of the cake and ice cream in each bite so that one flavor doesn't overlap the other. If I do wind up with extra of either one, I just give up and scarf it down anyway. It's weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom