Meet the Team - Banksii Edition

Banksii

Inkling
NNID
tfw2ndwiiu
Hello all squidlords,

I don't know what to say about myself. I was born in Florida and lived there until we moved to Tennessee when I started high school. Then my parents moved back to Florida and I stayed to go to East Tennessee State University. I got a B.S. degree in Physics. I even finished on time while keeping alright grades despite having to keep a job and working at school. Then I looked for a physics job for a year and a half or so. After realizing I actually don't like physics and giving up on the job search I am currently going back to school for a degree in Digital Media with a concentration in Digital Game Design.

I have always loved video games. As far back as I can remember I've been playing games. I started with Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis. I had other games more kid friendly, like Bonkers and Animaniacs, but I mostly played Mortal Kombat and MKII, and Super Street Fighter II with my older brothers. When I got into high school and had to decide my career path for the rest of my life, I wanted to go to an art school and learn to make video games. My parents told me to pick something that will make money. So I chose physics because I was good at it and enjoyed learning about it. But anyway, back to games I like and play. I love fighting games. Any I can get my hands on. Smash Bros (all), Street Fighter (2 especially), Soul Calibur (I've actually only got to play 1 and 2 of those), Tekken, and now Pokken Tournament!! I also love Fire Emblem, been hooked since Fire Emblem for GBA. That one is actually Fire Emblem like 6 or 7 but it was the first one to come to America. Mario and Zelda games are a must. I didn't have any Nintendo consoles until Gamecube, but I got to play a lot of SNES and NES at friends' houses. Tony Hawk games are a guilty pleasure. I kinda want the 5th one that just came out but I hear it's actually awful. Oh, and I'm old enough to remember Spyro games that had Spyro in them and didn't involve money-sucking toys and portals. If I had to pick 5 favorite games of all time, in no particular order, I think maybe: Street Fighter II, Shovel Knight, Splatoon, Sm4sh, and literally any Zelda game. (Bonus 6th on the list of 5: Bioshock)

When I'm not playing games or going to school forever, I like to play and build with legos, play music (I haven't been playing as much lately, but I have 2 guitars and a bass, also play drums), and hanging out with my fiancé Sam. We will be married on Halloween this year. She's literally the best, and I love her so much. She's my waifu 4 laifu.

I've attached a picture of us together. Just two weiners.

Attachments

Banksii

Inkling
NNID
tfw2ndwiiu
OH! I forgot to say how I picked my name, Banksii. It's a far-stretched squid pun. It's a species of squid: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onychoteuthis_banksii

My username on basically everything else is TheMadMusician, because my friend Dustin made all of his friends into comic book heroes and I was supposed to be The Mad Magician (which I later found out is a 3D movie from the 30s starring Vincent Price, one of my idols) and he just failed super hard at spelling and it stuck!

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
Since everyone else posted a real picture of themselves, here's a real picture of me and Tyler. It's one of our engagement photos:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom