• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Metroid: The Thread [Our Squids Will Eat Your Brain Edition

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77

(Via @Mr. Squidward Tennisballs in the fan art thread :D )

From Metroid 1 to Metroid Prime to the infamous Metroid: Other M, this series has been a mainstay in Nintendos lineup for the entirety of their career. Maybe someday we'll actually get a new game...?

This thread is to discuss the series we all love! What's your favorite lore in the series? Favorite bosses? Best weapons? Talk about them here!

(I FORGOT THE RIGHT SQUARE BRACKET IN THE THREAD TITLE. MOD PLZ FIX]

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Nice pic!

My favorite boss? There can be only one

As for my favorite game, Metroid Fusion, for sure. Yeah yeah, it is linear yada yada, but I love the creepy atmosphere, the music and SA-X.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I prefer the Old Metroid Games. the 3D ones are too creepy for me xd

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I prefer the Old Metroid Games. the 3D ones are too creepy for me xd
That is fine, but the series is supposed to have a creepy atmosphere. Not scary, but... unsettling. It is just a tad harder to portray that in 2D games,

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
YOOOO. Metroid Fusion was probably the creepiest game in the whole series! Nightmare, man. Nightmare.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
It's not the best or most influential Metroid game in the series, but my favorite to play is Zero Mission. Hopefully we get a large celebration next year for Metroid's 30th anniversary.

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
Nice pic!

My favorite boss? There can be only one

As for my favorite game, Metroid Fusion, for sure. Yeah yeah, it is linear yada yada, but I love the creepy atmosphere, the music and SA-X.
Quadraxis was AWESOME. One of my all time favorite video game bosses.

I'd have to say Metroid Prime is my favorite Metroid game. It was also the first one I ever played. I love the Prime trilogy and loved Super Metroid & Metroid Fusion. Heck I even enjoyed Other M. Sure, as a METROID game it wasn't that great but as a game in general, it was pretty freaking fun. Story was pretty bad at times but the gameplay was fun IMO so at the end of the day that's what mattered to me.

If I had to rank the ones I've played it'd be:

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid
Metroid: Other M
Metroid Prime: Hunters (The only Metroid I don't like so far. Didn't even finish it because it just bored me and couldn't compare to the other Prime games. The control scheme was also cumbersome but I'll admit the online multiplayer was fun even though I was terrible at it, lol)

Haven't played Metroid, Metroid 2: Return of Samus or Zero mission yet.

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
I'd argue that Zero Mission is a definitive version of the original game. It's certainly a very streamlined remake, and really brings the original game out into its own for modern gamers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom