• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mid-air charging...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Is there an explanation or at least a good guess as to why chargers and splatlings can't ready a shot while in the air? Well, quickly, anyway. I'm curious to hear what people think. I've been practicing chargers and my bunny hopping habit is working against me :P

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I definetly can shoot people with a charger while their In the air, but that's normally if I'm after them or I know their going to jump from a high slope and it takes a while to jump, honestly it takes a little expert 'ice/skill to shoot them before they get to you, often, they get to me first, seldomly I get that rare air shot.:confused::oops:Sometimes when I do shoot them in mid-air It's totally by accident. you'll Just need the perfect charger, :)kelp splatter scope:) I've tried the Kangaroo/bunny hop, but if you get a charger with a scope, and hop.hop. and hop, It will be impossible to target your enemy.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Don't mean to offend, but I think you might've missed the point of my question, friendperson :P

sammich

Inkling Cadet
because the charge in the air is slower.

if the opponent already has some damage, you can get a splat from a partial charge in the air... which honestly i do a lot, both because it gets me a cleaner shot of them and because it's fun as hell. it doesn't really give much of a benefit, though, unless you play the squiffer or maybe the bamboozler and any bit of range makes a difference.

actually, against other chargers it can get you killed pretty quickly, since jumping/airborne enemies are often the easiest to hit (but i still do it sometimes to switch things up and because it feels snazzy).

one thing that works well against non-damaged opponents is starting a charge on the ledge, then leaping off near the end of the charge. it's also risky (re: airborne target), but it can be useful to get a better angle on some enemies who are lurking in bad areas (and it's much safer to have a charge ready before you land than to land first and then charge). in fact, even against a slightly damaged opponent i'll usually start my charge RIGHT before jumping.

for example, i get a lot of aerial shots against climbing opponents. if i know someone is trying to climb up to my ledge, i walk backwards towards the ledge while charging and hop off backwards, releasing the fully charged shot in the air.

you have to be careful to jump BEFORE you finish charging, though -- walking speed with a FULL CHARGE is much slower and you won't have much momentum your jump.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I can! its amazing! they don't even know I hit 'em. #:cool:

Indigo

Inkling
NNID
Indig0
Morray towers is the best place to practice it. However if you are not watching where you are walking,might as well have gotten splatted...

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Dessgeega, post; Don't mean to offend, but I think you might've missed the point of my question, friendperson :p[/QUOTE]
Ohhh! Now I see what you were talking about, when I'm jumping from tower to tower, on moray towers, It charges slower, any charger charges slower when you're mid-Air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom