• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Miiverse Drawings?

LegaLoli

Streamer
NNID
LegaLoli
OK ever since I started playing this game I have noticed a lot of people are super talented at drawing in the miiverse. It makes me feel bad that I can't draw. Is there any other way to get a drawing I want onto it. Cause I am a bit suspicious that everyone I see in my Inkopolis actually drew their status...

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
As far as I know, there is no way to import images onto the Miiverse canvas. Everything you see there was drawn by that person.

Don't ask how they did it. We don't know either. We just chalk it up to magic.

LegaLoli

Streamer
NNID
LegaLoli
As far as I know, there is no way to import images onto the Miiverse canvas. Everything you see there was drawn by that person.

Don't ask how they did it. We don't know either. We just chalk it up to magic.
ok thanks I was just wondering I see so many that I would like my character to say but well I suck at it ;~;

D

Deleted Member

I'm so amazed by some of the drawings people create on their gamepad and such. o3o I'm jealous

OG String

Inkling
I just posted this same thing on the Splatoon reddit. How do these people do it! It's seriously amazing how skilled this community is at sketching and comic style pics. Mind blown.

LegaLoli

Streamer
NNID
LegaLoli
I just posted this same thing on the Splatoon reddit. How do these people do it! It's seriously amazing how skilled this community is at sketching and comic style pics. Mind blown.
Well there is a plus to skilled artist in a community! MORE FAN ART! :)

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Being one of those artists (though my work is not among the best, but still decent), I will say that it takes plenty of patience. For me, perhaps 2 to 3 hours for a regular drawing. I typically look at a manga drawing guide as I draw my head, but one thing to note is that these pieces of art are made up of small pixels, so most artists likely try to draw lines, then add/erase, pixel by pixel, to the lines to make them precise.

If you want to create the illusion of gray, by the way, you need to lay out every pixel checkerboard style in the area you want gray, which means you really need to be loyal to the process, especially if you draw from the smaller 3DS screen. I've heard artists use toothpicks over the styluses (which I use) to be more precise.

That's my advice for Miiverse drawing. ;) And I can deconfirm the magic theory. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom