Mini Splatling inkoming Tonight!

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Nevermind what I just said.
So is it good?

EDIT:
So it kills in 3 shots, has an accuracy that is worse than the Tentatek, a fire rate greater than the Tentatek, but has the range, special, and sub of the Tentatek? It seems to kill slower than the Tentatek when starting at a 0% charge, and has about the same range when the Heavy Splatling charges up to where 100% would be at Mini, but the Mini has more shots. I think the Heavy seems better, especially since its sub compliments it well, but it might be too early.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Nevermind what I just said.
So is it good?

EDIT:
So it kills in 3 shots, has an accuracy that is worse than the Tentatek, a fire rate greater than the Tentatek, but has the range, special, and sub of the Tentatek? It seems to kill slower than the Tentatek when starting at a 0% charge, and has about the same range when the Heavy Splatling charges up to where 100% would be at Mini, but the Mini has more shots. I think the Heavy seems better, especially since its sub compliments it well, but it might be too early.
Nope kills in 4, exactly the same damage and firerate as Heavy Splating, and has an optimal range of roughly 3 lines versus the Splattershot's 2.5. So far I'm liking it, certainly stands a much better chance at close combat. Have had some ink efficiency issues so I changed out a Run Speed for an Ink Saver Main.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Nope kills in 4, exactly the same damage and firerate as Heavy Splating, and has an optimal range of roughly 3 lines versus the Splattershot's 2.5. So far I'm liking it, certainly stands a much better chance at close combat. Have had some ink efficiency issues so I changed out a Run Speed for an Ink Saver Main.
Yeah, I meant to say 4. I could have sworn Tentatek had 3 lines also?

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Actually the range is very slightly better than the Splattershot's, to the point where I would say it should be negligible in combat

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yeah, I meant to say 4. I could have sworn Tentatek had 3 lines also?
Only if you jump, and at that distance your accuracy n damage are gonna be really suck.

Actually the range is very slightly better than the Splattershot's, to the point where I would say it should be negligible in combat
Extra insurance against short ranged weapons is hardly negligible, especially when this weapon type can have trouble against Rollers n Blasters.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Extra insurance against short ranged weapons is hardly negligible, especially when this weapon type can have trouble against Rollers n Blasters.
What I meant was that in the heat of battle the enemy is very likely to take a step forward and be able to hit again. I know that every pixel counts, but in this case be ready if it doesn't and be glad when it does

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Where the Heavy Splatling feels like a unique Charging-type squad automatic weapon, the Mini Splatling feels like a Squiffer crossbred with a Tentatek Splattershot. Decent power, extremely quick charge, and range that outstrips the SMG-esque Aerosprays and Splattershot JRs.

I shall call mine Tatiana.

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
Am I the only one here that wants to say that this may be the best Splatling weapon yet? It's based mostly on it being like a TTK, but it's different than any other one. It can kill fast compared to Heavy (charge wise), and it can cover easy. It has the ups and downs of the Tenta along with everything the Splatling has. If this dosent get top 10 weapons, I'll be surprised.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
What I meant was that in the heat of battle the enemy is very likely to take a step forward and be able to hit again. I know that every pixel counts, but in this case be ready if it doesn't and be glad when it does
And you can take a step a backwards! :L

But tbh, in terms of competitive viability, yeah, the Mini Splatling is basically a Slower Tentatek, hence there's not much reason to use it over said Tentatek. I mean, exact same loadout aside, the only advantages are a bit more range and fire rate, but not being able to shoot immediately easily outweighs that. This is still a good a weapon, it's just overshadowed by another that does what it can do but more and better. Now the Zink Mini Splatling, that's what I'ma be waiting for!

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
Am I the only one here that wants to say that this may be the best Splatling weapon yet? It's based mostly on it being like a TTK, but it's different than any other one. It can kill fast compared to Heavy (charge wise), and it can cover easy. It has the ups and downs of the Tenta along with everything the Splatling has. If this dosent get top 10 weapons, I'll be surprised.
People are trying to give it a bad image so that once the Zink variant comes out, nobody will use it because they'll assume its bad. They're just terrified of going against the Zink with Disruptors and Bubbler being too good for this already amazing weapon. It'll be top 5, calling it now.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
But tbh, in terms of competitive viability, yeah, the Mini Splatling is basically a Slower Tentatek, hence there's not much reason to use it over said Tentatek. I mean, exact same loadout aside, the only advantages are a bit more range and fire rate, but not being able to shoot immediately easily outweighs that. This is still a good a weapon, it's just overshadowed by another that does what it can do but more and better. Now the Zink Mini Splatling, that's what I'ma be waiting for!
I think it charges fast enough to make up for the loss in instant-firing capabilities, and I'm pretty sure it should splat faster than the Tentatek (remember that so far Splatlings are tied with the Aerospray and, to a degree, the Nozzlenose as the fastest shooting weapons)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I think it charges fast enough to make up for the loss in instant-firing capabilities, and I'm pretty sure it should splat faster than the Tentatek (remember that so far Splatlings are tied with the Aerospray and, to a degree, the Nozzlenose as the fastest shooting weapons)
I don't see how a fast charge time makes up for having to charge in the first place lel. Fire rate isn't all that matters, damage/shots to kill is also a factor. I don't know the exact numbers, but they both kill at relatively the same clip to me, and that still wouldn't make up for the inferior movement anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom