(Minor Spoilers) Tierlist: How strong would the Side Order kits be if they were in multiplayer?

Crate

Inkling
I'm not a competitive player myself, mostly just a lurker in tournaments and on comp twitter but I still thought it'd be neat to make a tier list of how good each side order kit would be if it were available in multiplayer. (weapons aren't ordered within tiers (heh ordered))
my-image.png

Last edited:

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Stamper Nouveau is already a very strong weapon despite having one of the worst subs it could have asked for. Compare that to Fizzy Bomb which is the absolute best subweapon it could get other than Burst Bomb, with those two being leagues ahead of any other options in my opinion. Order Splattershot kit is strong and I might be biased but I don't think the gap between it and Order Stamper is enough to justify there being a whole tier's difference. Someone could possibly even make the case for Order Stamper being stronger than Order Splattershot although I wouldn't be the one to do it.

Otherwise list is fine, although if i were to make any one complaint I don't know if Orderbrush should be that low. It might seem worthless but plays to what a brush wants decently enough even if you want something better than Ultra Stamp. Definitely beats Curling Bomb Reefslider

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
Order Splattershot kit is strong and I might be biased but I don't think the gap between it and Order Stamper is enough to justify there being a whole tier's difference.
i'm no comp player either but like. i honestly think shot in its own tier is justified because i think people would absolutely be running 2x ordershot + snipewriter if it existed. people were already doing that with vshot (and maybe they still are?) and ordershot would just be Better than that. even if orderstamper is Really Really Good (which i agree that it is) i just don't think it's at the same level as vshot with splat bomb. during crab meta though it wins easy, 4x orderstamper strong

Crate

Inkling
Stamper Nouveau is already a very strong weapon despite having one of the worst subs it could have asked for. Compare that to Fizzy Bomb which is the absolute best subweapon it could get other than Burst Bomb, with those two being leagues ahead of any other options in my opinion. Order Splattershot kit is strong and I might be biased but I don't think the gap between it and Order Stamper is enough to justify there being a whole tier's difference. Someone could possibly even make the case for Order Stamper being stronger than Order Splattershot although I wouldn't be the one to do it.

Otherwise list is fine, although if i were to make any one complaint I don't know if Orderbrush should be that low. It might seem worthless but plays to what a brush wants decently enough even if you want something better than Ultra Stamp. Definitely beats Curling Bomb Reefslider
I put shot in its own tier because
1. Shot is already a meta weapon that sees play on most top level teams, and with splat bomb it's just better
2. It's funny (trizooka bad)

You're probably right that orderbrush should be in a higher tier, its definitely better than dualies, but even then it's a kit that inkbrush wants more than octobrush and inkbrush only barely makes it work (also in this hypothetical you could still just pick inkbrush nouveau (although in that case ig I should've put slosher in like omega F tier because why would you ever pick it over the vanilla kit))

Also weapons aren't ordered within tiers, I should probably clarify

QuagSass

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
God, I would KILL for wall/booyah heavy. Easy S tier imo.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I mostly agree. I'd move Shot down one tier and remove the top tier, add a B tier for Brella because rain is good on it, and remove the gap between C and ew tiers because neither Curling nor Wave are great, even if they synergize with Luna.

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
Spoiler Alert:

Stamper: Fizzy + Crab = Good versatility and movement. Neo Stamp with Mobility is a strong option, as Toxic Mist is the most complained about part of Neo Stamp. Toxic Mist DOES work and I've seen creative ways to make it work (some which I now use) but something else is preferred (as a main).

Splattershot: Splat Bomb + Zooka = omg. Suction Bomb is great for displacement but I often want a bomb that can blow up quicker, thus kill quicker. This is my ideal vShot kit. Zooka is zooka (my favorite special that's hated lol), enough said.

Dualie: Curling Bomb + Reefslider = Assuming it's a 1 roll like the base kit, that brings it down A LOT. Curling bomb is great for mobility or to psych out opponents. Reefslider though...Dualies don't need more Reefslider...It's Enperry but worse.

Splatling: Wall + Booyah Bomb = I think it can work, on paper. However, I see this loadout as extremely gear dependent, making serious investment in Ink Saver Sub essential!

Charger: Mine + Tristrike = A hybrid of Z + F and vCharger? I find Vac on vCharger to be a bit weird tbh. Tristrike I think is a better special, especially to cheese Zones. Overall a better kit.

Brella: Sprinker + Storm = I haven't used Brella since 3 starring Sorella since its debut. I do know about ink efficiency buffs to Brella but I think Fizzy would work better for what Sprinker is trying to achieve, plus have a bit more consistency. Storm is a good special so there's that.

Brush: Mine + Stamp = Mine I don't think fits a Brush style. Stamp isn't a viable special unless it gets a frontal buff. It's definitely a break down the door/come crashing kit but with a lot of risks.

Stringer: Toxic Mist + Wail = It's the exact same thing as the vanilla Tri-Stringer.

Roller: Burst Bomb + Kraken = Burst Bomb is a win on anything. Cheap sub that has versatility (think Carbon Deco). Kraken I think can work. I would like to see this be a kit myself actually.

Blaster: Curling + Wave Breaker = It is slower than normal Luna so there's that. Curling I think can be great for mobility/escaping but maybe something else is better. Wave Breaker can combo so I think that's a good special.

Slosher: Suction + TriStrike = I think with what they're going for with Slosher, Suction Bomb may or may not work. Both Suction and Splat Bomb can combo with Slosher, so it's a preference. TriStrike is on vSlosh so there's that. Personally I think the vSlosh kit is an ideal kit.

Octo Shot: Splat Bomb + Splashdown = I'm surprised this isn't a thing yet. Assuming Octo Shot's weapon stat is the same as TTek/vShot, Splat Bomb is an ideal sub. Splashdown I think can work but on higher level it won't be as effective.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom