• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Moment of silence for Dynamo mains

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
They just have to start aiming and they would still be quite good for certain SplatZone Maps.

LOL if you guys think this is gonna stop Dynamos you are DEAD WRONG with the Krak-On and Carbon being nerfed into oblivion the Dynamo will only increase in popularity.
How was Carbon nerfed?
Krak-on is mostly nerfs to Krakken

GhostKing1337

Inkling
LOL if you guys think this is gonna stop Dynamos you are DEAD WRONG with the Krak-On and Carbon being nerfed into oblivion the Dynamo will only increase in popularity.

Aubz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
abbeylilbit
I'm still gonna use the dynamo (maybe with some strength up), but it was the most nerfed of the rollers. But yeah, people will continue using the dynamos, but it will weed out the people who just use it for it's quick kill.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
How was Carbon nerfed?
All roller types were made so they can only one-shot with the center of the roller.

Even though it was already the case with the Carbon to begin with, so... I don't get it.

GhostKing1337

Inkling
They just have to start aiming and they would still be quite good for certain SplatZone Maps.

How was Carbon nerfed?
Krak-on is mostly nerfs to Krakken
The Damage nerf makes the Carbon only able to 2 hit ko from the middle and 3 from the side and if a Roller cannot 2 hit ko it is a useless Roller.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
The Damage nerf makes the Carbon only able to 2 hit ko from the middle and 3 from the side and if a Roller cannot 2 hit ko it is a useless Roller.
Is there footage? The stats didn't add up to that from what I saw.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
There is footage, but it's in Japanese. That, and I don't know where to find it :V
You mean this?

Although, this one only shows the Dynamo changes... I'm not sure if there's one for the other rollers.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
It won't stop them completely for sure, but it will make them a little bit easier to deal with. Which imo is better than nothing. I would have liked something like it not splatting in one hit when it's from a far distance. But at least it's something to slow them down!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The Carbon has always been able to 1-shot, and that'll still be the case, only now it can't from the edges.

Also based on the Dynamo footage, if the damage is being consolidated into the middle, isn't that actually giving them more OHKO range length-wise? I certainly wouldn't mind that trade off! :P
I think the post update Dynamo is actually just slightly closer though hence the higher damage.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I don't think that this update will stop Dynamo users. It just makes them a bit easier to handle. The only Dynamos that this will stop are those who weren't any good with it in the first place - just those that swung that thing blindly for free kills. It's going to force people to actually learn how to use the Dynamo and actually aim.

If a roller is actually skilled with their weapon and understand it though, they are already focusing on their aim and this change won't effect them much.

F1r3tar

Inkling
NNID
F1r3tar
Burst cancelling would still be a pretty efficient way to kill with the Carbon Roller, since burst bombs won't be nerfed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom