Moment of silence for Dynamo mains

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
LOL if you guys think this is gonna stop Dynamos you are DEAD WRONG with the Krak-On and Carbon being nerfed into oblivion the Dynamo will only increase in popularity.
The Damage nerf makes the Carbon only able to 2 hit ko from the middle and 3 from the side and if a Roller cannot 2 hit ko it is a useless Roller.
I'm not trying to be mean but... Have you ever actually used a Carbon Roller before? From the sound of your posts, it really sounds like you've either never actually used a Carbon Roller before or didn't fully understand how to use one if you did. I main the Carbon Roller Deco and I'm also a user of the regular Carbon Roller. I've also been known to use the Krak-on Roller but not too often because I suck with the Kraken. So I mainly stick with my Carbon Rollers.

The Carbon Rollers have always been like the other rollers. Rollers have been able to 1 hit kill a player if we managed to get said player with the center of our roller or the side of it. However, with the update, we will no longer be able to 1 hit with the side of our roller. We'll probably be able to damage but none of us will be able to 1 hit any longer. This goes for all of the rollers; not just the Carbon and Krak-on. It also goes for your Dynamo Roller.

With the update, rollers will still be able to 1 hit with the center of our rollers but we will not be able to 1 hit with the side of our rollers. This doesn't really effect rollers badly unless you have horrible aim. If you can't aim or you've never focused on your aim then you will have trouble using rollers after the update. However, as I've said before on this forum, you should already be paying attention to your aim if you really know how to use your roller.

This update won't stop any roller. The only thing this update will really do is weed out the differences in players. The only players who will be stopped from using their rollers are those who probably never actually knew how to use their rollers in the first place and just swung blindly for free kills. People who know their rollers (strength, weakness, and all) will still play the same with minimal differences. This includes the Carbon Rollers and Dynamo Rollers.

Carbon Rollers have always been able to 1 hit with the center of our rollers and this update doesn't take that away from us. The update doesn't stop any roller from 1 hitting with the center of it. Personally, as a Carbon Roller Deco main, I'm actually looking a little forward to playing online after the update. Just to show people how useful and annoying my lovely Carbon Roller can still be. :p I would like to see Dynamos who know their rollers to also come online and show people how annoying you all can still be haha. :p

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Me, I just want to demonstrate to roller noobs who don't aim that a veteran Brush user will school them.Skilled rollers are still a major nemesis.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
I'll be collecting salt bags for when I still win games with Dynamo post patch (:

Seriously though, it just needs aim and the longer fling will probably effect some trades but I shouldn't be in those situations anyway.

D

Deleted Member

I'll be collecting salt bags for when I still win games with Dynamo post patch :)

Seriously though, it just needs aim and the longer fling will probably effect some trades but I shouldn't be in those situations anyway.
Fling time isn't being affected.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
As a dynamo user, I understand the nerf. It was really easy to get splats pre-patch, even with aiming. Now, I just will stop (occasionally) blindly throwing ink over a wall, getting triple splats, and worry more about mobile players. I never really randomly swung for kills, but I will miss being hard to dodge.

Then again, this might lead to more accuracy practice for other weapons.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but praise for the dudes that made good use of that sloth of a weapon, and I do enjoy figuring out countermeasures against "OP"/"no-skill" weapons. However, with its original stats the Dynamo had way too many weird quirks that worked in favor of mindless idiots and against good users.

Being able to recharge enough ink between flinches to keep on firing even after running dry is simply ridiculous; and random spread with consistent damage across all angles made it so firing at any one direction non-stop was way too effective and way too annoying to deal with, and also meant that the weapon would have occasional cases of missing the squid sitting right in front of you.

The biggest crime in this post is the use of comic sans ;)
Pretty sure that was the point. :p

FinInfinite

Inkling
NNID
FinInfinite
I can confirm that I still get rekt by Dynamos. Especially on Blackbelly. *shudders*

Ao Ika

Inkling
Dear god, the Dynamo.
I'm not very good at Splatoon yet, but I've seen many a Dynamo free kill, often on me. It's like the HOO-HAH of Splatoon, you use it constantly for free kills until they (inevitably) nerf it. Man.
I sometimes run around with an Inkbrush and no idea what I'm doing, but I think I'll switch to a Jr. set soon so I'm not noobing around like an idiot.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
In short:

Fling time unchanged
You need to be more accurate
It's more or less the same otherwise

The dynamos are still going to be around, it will merely scrub all the nooby ones out of play.

RedVivillon

Inkling
NNID
redx39
I'm not trying to be mean but... Have you ever actually used a Carbon Roller before? From the sound of your posts, it really sounds like you've either never actually used a Carbon Roller before or didn't fully understand how to use one if you did. I main the Carbon Roller Deco and I'm also a user of the regular Carbon Roller. I've also been known to use the Krak-on Roller but not too often because I suck with the Kraken. So I mainly stick with my Carbon Rollers.

The Carbon Rollers have always been like the other rollers. Rollers have been able to 1 hit kill a player if we managed to get said player with the center of our roller or the side of it. However, with the update, we will no longer be able to 1 hit with the side of our roller. We'll probably be able to damage but none of us will be able to 1 hit any longer. This goes for all of the rollers; not just the Carbon and Krak-on. It also goes for your Dynamo Roller.

With the update, rollers will still be able to 1 hit with the center of our rollers but we will not be able to 1 hit with the side of our rollers. This doesn't really effect rollers badly unless you have horrible aim. If you can't aim or you've never focused on your aim then you will have trouble using rollers after the update. However, as I've said before on this forum, you should already be paying attention to your aim if you really know how to use your roller.

This update won't stop any roller. The only thing this update will really do is weed out the differences in players. The only players who will be stopped from using their rollers are those who probably never actually knew how to use their rollers in the first place and just swung blindly for free kills. People who know their rollers (strength, weakness, and all) will still play the same with minimal differences. This includes the Carbon Rollers and Dynamo Rollers.

Carbon Rollers have always been able to 1 hit with the center of our rollers and this update doesn't take that away from us. The update doesn't stop any roller from 1 hitting with the center of it. Personally, as a Carbon Roller Deco main, I'm actually looking a little forward to playing online after the update. Just to show people how useful and annoying my lovely Carbon Roller can still be. :p I would like to see Dynamos who know their rollers to also come online and show people how annoying you all can still be haha. :p
Didn't how much damage it does from flicking get nerfed from rollers to which means it's easier to face a roller in encounters. Don't get me wrong I know how to deal with rollers and I even think the patch was unnecessary but if your flick doesn't do as much damage as it used to from the safe distances it used to have. I don't use rollers but from I have observed throughout my time playing the game you could easily splat an enemy from safe distances with rollers if they had a medium range weapon. I understand that aim is taken into account but now when people see a roller and they flick it won't kill from that distance meaning they can escape gain field advantage and splat the roller. I do have respect for those rollers who are actually good but at the end of the day you have to get closer to kill unless it's a surprise attack.

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
I'll copy-paste my impressions from another board:

_the longer wait time before the ink starts to refill definitely hurts. I'd use one ink saver main and two subs AT LEAST (I have one ink refill main as well)
_if you can aim you'll still splat lot of opponents just like before, multiple/lucky kills will be much less common though
_still plenty of dynamos in S and S+ ranks :P I'm sorry for you guys who are not gud enough at countering them, you'll still have to deal a lot with us

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
In short:

Fling time unchanged
You need to be more accurate
It's more or less the same otherwise

The dynamos are still going to be around, it will merely scrub all the nooby ones out of play.
Perfectly fine by me. I'm just glad that simply vaguely looking at my general direction is not all it takes for a Dynamo to mess me over anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom