• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Moments of pure stupid...

Cukee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cukee1
One time someone threw a suction bomb right near me while i was hiding in my ink, at first i thought it was one of my teammates so i focus on the enemy in front of me. Took another look at the bomb and realize that it wasnt friendly..........
then you need "Bomb Sniffer", some colors (like the ones from the next splatfest) are hard to distinguish. It really helps me in some cases as sometimes it warns you even if the bombs aren't visible to you.

Power

Inkling Commander
maybe not stupid... but hilarious.
In moray it was me (3k scope) vs a 96 Gal Deco. We just kept playing tag with a crate near the top of my base (the area with the ledge that drops into the towers path.) I kept using burst bombs and juked him so many times. That lasted for a good 40 seconds. I was laughing so much I eventually fell off.

Last edited:

NeoGalaxyStorm

Inkling
NNID
NeoGalaxyStorm
I remember in a game of Rainmaker I had, There was one person on our team who I'm assuming just jumped right into ranked since he was at lvl 10. I thought everything would be fine until they grabbed the rain maker and started heading for our, not the other teams, but our base. I was yelling "NO, NOT THAT WAY! WAIT! THE OTHER WAY!" but of course they couldn't hear me. Then one person on the other team was close enough, ambushed him, and was literally at the goal. And so that day, I dropped back to B-

magfive

Inkling
NNID
magfive
Missed jumps into the water...
Winning a 1v1 then falling into the water...
Not paying attention after respawn on BlueFin and falling through the grating at the top...into the water
Why can't squids swim again?

Accidentally activating Inkstrike while swimming...
Accidentally activating Inkstrike instead of throwing my secondary...
Accidentally activating Inkstrike in the middle of a firefight...
Man. I need to remap the Special button.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
One of my first forays into ranked was Splat Zones. It was on Kelp Dome and we had a roller who inked everything BUT the splat zone, like it was Turf War.

I honestly haven't played splat zones again.

Toaster

Senior Squid
Today I was playing rainmaker and I superjumped to my teammate that holding the rainmaker, but that teammate had gotten splatted and the sheild of the rainmaker pushed me off the ledge when I landed my superjump and I fell to my death.

IxaVerse

Senior Squid
NNID
Uselessguy12
That roller who hides in the corner and jumps hoping to hit a flick. I don't know why I keep falling for this stupid trick but I always do for some reason.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I once superjumped to someone in the top part of Saltspray Rig. Since there was no enemy ink nearby, I held the button for squid form so I could swim back to the bottom of the area to defend.

I learned too late that they were standing on the crane on top, which was conveniently over the water when I landed.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
I once superjumped to someone in the top part of Saltspray Rig. Since there was no enemy ink nearby, I held the button for squid form so I could swim back to the bottom of the area to defend.

I learned too late that they were standing on the crane on top, which was conveniently over the water when I landed.
I've done this three times, in those areas at the Moray Towers you use to climb into the opposing team areas. I generally don't superjump, but when I do, I always hold down that button and oops, there I go.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've done this three times, in those areas at the Moray Towers you use to climb into the opposing team areas. I generally don't superjump, but when I do, I always hold down that button and oops, there I go.
When I was still a newbie I accidentally squidded through the grates in Arowana and ended up in the fountain.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I was playing again in Saltspray with the Custom Dual Squelcher. I was placing a Killer Wail when a Splatershot Jr. attacked me. I couldn't shoot in time before they pulled out their Bubbler and splatted me. For some reason though, they moved backwards right into the Killer Wail. The opponent was trapped, and pushed backwards of the convenient nearby pit of doom.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
So, not sure this quite fits, but here goes: my TV is having some issues lately; the menu comes up randomly (which takes up the whole screen) or it changes input settings randomly (without me touching the remote or TV). So, occasionally I will lose visuals and will have to change inputs or hit menu on the remote to keep playing (this is why I don't play ranked right now). Well, just now I was having a rather vigorous bout with my TV which sent the menu up or switched inputs just as quick as I changed back. So, I decided to play the last 1min or so of a match simply by looking at my gamepad.

We won and I got over 700 points, third best on my team. It was Blackbelly and I was still able to jump up ledges and cover ink. I dunno...it felt pretty stupid...

Time for a new TV I guess...

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
Just earlier today I was playing ranked Tower Control and won in the most amazing fashion because the whole other team made a very poor decision. I had a teammate on the tower and my Kraken special was ready. I activated the Kraken special and immediately super jumped to the tower. Amazingly as I landed I got a quad kill saving the day from what was once a lost battle. All four of the other team were on the tower for me to get that quad, hahaha.

Toaster

Senior Squid
I got splatted by a splashwall by accidentally swimming into it right after I splatted someone so they ended up seeing the whole thing.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Multiple things I've done
Squidding on Bluefin depots middle grating OTL
BEING KILLED BY A SPRINKLER!!! ;m;
Being killed bY A SPLASHWALL FHWDJSHF
SeaBagging someone who pissed me off and then immediately getting killed myself! haha I deserve that one...
and last but not least........... being rolled over by a carbon roller (IT TAKES BEING ROLLED OVER *TWICE* TO DIE) ;mmm;

dapperlace

Pro Squid
Multiple things I've done
Squidding on Bluefin depots middle grating OTL
BEING KILLED BY A SPRINKLER!!! ;m;
Being killed bY A SPLASHWALL FHWDJSHF
SeaBagging someone who pissed me off and then immediately getting killed myself! haha I deserve that one...
and last but not least........... being rolled over by a carbon roller (IT TAKES BEING ROLLED OVER *TWICE* TO DIE) ;mmm;
That last one killed me, lmao.

I had the opposite happen, where a Carbon Roller tried to run me over and then got shot in the face. Maybe it was their first time using it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom