• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

More Weapons, Gear, and Maps confirmed for August Update

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
First of, this was my first year of watching Evo live, and boy it was awesome!

On Topic: near the end of the Super Smash Bros Melee tournament they showed an advertisement for splatoon. The advertisement was related to the August Update we have been promised by the Splatoon Devs. Here is a picture of what is promised for the August Update.

First off, I would like to say that I am so happy they are adding more gear. I've wanted then to do this for quite sometime and I can't wait to see all of the outfits people come up with.

I'm excited for maps and hopefully camp triggerfish is one of the maps that they release.

I'm happy about more weapons as well. The more variety the better.

Another thing that I would also like to point out is that Nintendo put an advertisement out for Splatoon in a huge fighting game tournament. Does this mean that we might start seeing splatoon at tournaments like this? (Well not specifically Evo cause its fighting games only.) Nintendo, if you read this please support Splatoon at tournaments.

Anyways, your thoughts?

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I'd love to watch Splatoon tournaments! I'd love to participate in a Splatoon tournament. :D

I am happy that they're adding in more gear, that'll definitely be nice.

Arcite5682

Inkling
NNID
Dogalog5000
This is AMAZING. The only thing missing is a Spectator Mode. Maybe we could have a special copy developed for tournaments only? That could eliminate two people working together through spectator mode.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Seeing Splatoon at tournaments would be as simple as giving the game a LAN mode.

I'm interested to see what the More FUN update entails.

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
These ads look really promising. Glad to see more gear options. Looking fresh should be easier than ever. And the "more fun" statement.... could either be a combination of the previous statements. (As having more maps and gear would make it more fun.) or a way of saying some more different kinds of updates will be happening without spoiling anything. Either way, it should be exciting.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
More fun make me think that they're going to make another singleplayer campaign, which they should do since Octo Valley was really only there to introduce game mechanics, aside from some of the later levels.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I thought they had just made a Splatoon Tournament. There's pictures of the winners in the official Twitter account

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Can't wait! and with August approaching within one more week this is worth the wait x:

Last edited:

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Hurrah! More gear to level-up and obsessively optimise! I'd like some sort of scarf. But seriously, this is great - the devs recently said that there were still more 'technical' maps on the way, which I'm looking forward to. Roll on August.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
>This sheet calls them "maps"
>The game itself calls them "stages"
Pick one, Ninty.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very awesome! Can't wait. :)

>This sheet calls them "maps"
>The game itself calls them "stages"
Pick one, Ninty.
They're.. the same thing, no? I think it's a regional thing, I see them called different things in different areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom