• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Most Frequent Maps

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
So I am an adult and I have stuff to do like school and work and I can't play all the time and miss out on a lot of modes and maps combos that I really like. Like Splat Zones on Blackbelly or Tower Control on Walleye. As a result of my activities, I am usually stuck playing around noon cst for a couple hours and around midnight cst on a few days. And I swear to all that is good and holy that there are certain maps that just keep coming back. Not only that, but it's the same mode too...

9 times out of 10, when I start playing around noon or midnight, the mode is not Splat Zones. If it is Tower Control, it is Flounder Heights and something else (sometimes it's really good) and if the mode is Rainmaker, it is Camp Triggerfish and something else.

These two instances are my most frequently played maps and I disliked both from the very beginning so it's hard to get past that fact that I'm stuck with one of them every time I'm able to play.

What are the most frequent maps and modes that you play on?

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
They go through phases of frequency... for example I have been playing Flounder Heights a LOT recently (which is great, I love that stage) and also Urchin Underpass and Bluefin, but havent seen much Blackbelly, Piranha Pit or Saltspray lately. Also, frequency of maps vary based on modes. I still have never played Blackbelly Rainmaker (some have claimed this combo isnt in rotation at all anymore??), Saltspray Rainmaker is rare as well (played it once and I can see why haha).

I have also noticed that the mode rotation almost never pairs Tower Control and Rainmaker back-to-back... in my experience, it's almost always TC/RM, SZ, TC/RM, SZ, etc. Which I personally find a bit odd that SZ is more common. Some days I'll only see TC and SZ, some days only RM and SZ, but I don't think I've ever played without seeing SZ in the list of rotations for a given day. This is only my own experience though.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
It seems that I find Walleye Warehouse, Bluefin, and Moray on TW a lot, while I rarely see Piranha Pit, Ancho-V, or Arowanna Mall.

I don't play SZ and TC much, but I have been seeing Triggerfish a lot in Rainmaker.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Personally I haven't seen much of Bluefin Depot or Port Mackerel lately in any mode, which for me is great because those are my 2 least favorite maps. I also haven't seen Piranha Pit or Ancho-V Games much at all recently, last night they were finally in rotation for TW both at the same time, before that I hadn't played either in weeks. Ever since the 2.5 patch Arowana Mall, Kelp Dome, and Saltspray Rig have been in rotation quite a bit.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I see a lot of Port Mackerel, Triggerfish and Kelp Dome, those seem to be very common maps on the rotations. Speaking of Blackbelly, Rainmaker never appears anymore because the distance from the Rainmaker to the base to dunk it is ridiculously small. Tower Control has not popped up on Port Mackerel or Saltspray since September, I understand the reasoning behind Port Mackerel, since Splash Walls and Killer Wails are pretty powerful in stopping pushes. When you look at the grand scheme of things, map and mode variety in Ranked is pretty even in the spread of Zones, Tower and Rainmaker among the rest of the maps. Despite the general variety, I notice that certain rotations see the same 5 or 6 maps and modes every day, which can make for very boring gameplay if you're only available to play in that rotation each day. This site: http://splatoonmaps.github.io/ has surfaced a while back and has the percentage of mode and map frequency which goes back to August. It's pretty clear to see how most maps have a split that's pretty close to a 3rd of the frequency of each map. I just feel that Nintendo needs to sort something out to make rotations more random than they are currently, since certain rotations seem to have the same few maps all the time when there's 16 maps and 3 modes, yet certain modes on these rotations only use the same 3 or 4 maps, which prevents the game from staying fresh for those who are limited to these rotations that lack variety.

Peaches

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
huntingforfrogs
Rainmaker Camp Triggerfish for me, I don't mind it since it's a great set and so much fun but I would rather have more variation so I don't get bored. I love saltspray and Bluefin a lot so I want to see them more, but I'm thankful for the lack of port mackerel. I also see kelp dome constantly and it's not great for me since I find it so hard to fight on - it's definitely my weakest map overall.
I see walleye and flounder heights often as well, I quite like walleye splat zones so I don't mind but flounder heights...It's just far too hard to snipe on which makes it really difficult for me, especially since I main any long ranged weapon and flounder heights favours close ranged weapons in ranked imo.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
That's fun, cause I have someone in my team complaining for always seeing the same map (that she dislikes), but that's none of the maps you quoted. Doesn't that mean that finally, that's quite random? I'm talking about Urchin. Personnally I would say Studio comes out pretty often, now that it's out, and Walleye too.

But even with a perfectly random thing, it will always look like there is some kind of rule at first glance, even though everything will balance out after some time. Psychology doesn't help with that, too.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
For whatever reason for months now most of the time I play is splatzones. I had a few few c- to a- runs where like most (if not all, one of them, only had a tc around C-? my only loss?) and the rest was splatzones? so for me it is splatzones, some tc, rarely rm. This does effect my skill gap too as i am able to carry say walleye or camp zones the most while heights splatzones is the worst (though I do blame map layout, I do not think 2 zones should be that close together where 2 bombs or an inkstrike claims the other, least camp they are stora long and with the water gap, much harder to claim from the other side.) Then there is splatzone pit, the map/mode I want to touch as much as rm rig. This is not balancing out for me in the long run i think they need to mix up mode > timezone better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom