• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Most OP Weapon on Each Mode?

PyrexO2

Senior Squid
NNID
Ethan_Gaming_02
Hey Squids!

Welcome to the over powered weapons forum!
In this forum anyone big or small, young or old can discuss and share experiences of over powered (OP for short) weapons, whether it be TURF WAR. SPLAT ZONES, TOWER CONTROL, or RAINMAKER you can bet your sweet tentacles there will be some way too OP weapons

As me the announcer (Cough PyrexO2) I will share my personal views.

First with
Turf War:
1. Gold Dynamo Roller :wst_roller_heavy01:, Reason: its large range and beneficial special and sub. :splatbomb::inkstrike:
2. Aerospray RG :wst_shot_blaze01:, Reason: its INK-redible (get it) fire rate.

Splat Zones:
1. Dynamo Roller :wst_roller_heavy00:, Reason: inks large areas quickly, sprinkler sub weapon :sprinkler:.
2. Anything and everything with ink strike as its special : :wst_shot_blaze01::wst_roller_heavy01::wst_roller_brushmini00::wst_shot_quickmiddle01::wst_shot_expert00::wst_shot_long00: (Squidboards needs to update its weapons), Reason: Well its kinda obvious.

Rainmaker:
1. E-Litre 3K :wst_charge_longscp00:&:wst_charge_longscp01:(scope included), Reason: With ecolocater being its special, the 3K is easily able to spot enemies, as well as identify where the rainmaker is. With the rainmaker having little range (compared to 3K). and a long charge up time, the 3K has the advantage over the rainmaker. :wst_charge_longscp01: & :wst_charge_longscp00: > Rainmaker .

Tower Control:
1. Luna Blaster :wst_shot_expshort00:, Reason: The Luna blasters splash damage when firing is useful for finding opponents on towers, and splatting any approaching ones. The Ink Mine :inkmine: Sub Ability is useful for spraying ink and killing approaching opponents. The Inkzooka :inkzooka: is also good for clearing area and killing nearby opponents.

Thank You for reading the OP weapons forum, be sure to comment and tell us what you think about OP weapons.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I don't think these are actually overpowered. They have advantages and disadvantages, like any weapon does.

The Aerosprays are good for inking up, but their awful accuracy is bad for taking people on in a fight.

The Dynamo rollers are also good for inking up, but they're not what I would consider fast at all. Sprinklers can be broken, too, and you'll need to recover ink to place another-Ink that the Dynamo will suck up a ton of.

Ink Strike can usually stop the counter, but I rarely see any putting it in control on its own. Besides, if the other team is still there, they can just avoid it and then repaint it after it's done. And specials won't always be readily available.

E-liters have a pretty long charge-up time, too, and even if they use Echolocator (which, again, isn't a guarantee), they still have to be where the carrier is to splat them. They're not great at moving around fast, either.

The Luna Blaster, I admit, has a pretty nice kit for Tower Control, but you can only put down one mine at a time, and people tend to hear the beeping before getting splatted.

You could make a similar case for nearly any weapon. Kraken is OP because you can get on the tower and be invincible, Seeker Rush is OP because you can paint the zone and they'll keep enemies away, Suction Bombs are OP because they stick to the tower, Seekers are OP in Rainmaker because they chase the carrier and paint a trail to them, Splat Roller is OP because it has both Suction Bombs and Killer Wail and can really keep people off the tower, etc, etc, etc. That's not being OP-that's being functional. Every weapon has benefits to it, nobody is going to use a weapon that does nothing.
(Sidenote::wst_charge_longscp01: isn't actually the scoped version, it's the Custom variant, with Beakon/Kraken. :wst_charge_long00: is unscoped 3K, :wst_charge_longscp00: is scoped)

PyrexO2

Senior Squid
NNID
Ethan_Gaming_02
I don't think these are actually overpowered. They have advantages and disadvantages, like any weapon does.

The Aerosprays are good for inking up, but their awful accuracy is bad for taking people on in a fight.

The Dynamo rollers are also good for inking up, but they're not what I would consider fast at all. Sprinklers can be broken, too, and you'll need to recover ink to place another-Ink that the Dynamo will suck up a ton of.

Ink Strike can usually stop the counter, but I rarely see any putting it in control on its own. Besides, if the other team is still there, they can just avoid it and then repaint it after it's done. And specials won't always be readily available.

E-liters have a pretty long charge-up time, too, and even if they use Echolocator (which, again, isn't a guarantee), they still have to be where the carrier is to splat them. They're not great at moving around fast, either.

The Luna Blaster, I admit, has a pretty nice kit for Tower Control, but you can only put down one mine at a time, and people tend to hear the beeping before getting splatted.

You could make a similar case for nearly any weapon. Kraken is OP because you can get on the tower and be invincible, Seeker Rush is OP because you can paint the zone and they'll keep enemies away, Suction Bombs are OP because they stick to the tower, Seekers are OP in Rainmaker because they chase the carrier and paint a trail to them, Splat Roller is OP because it has both Suction Bombs and Killer Wail and can really keep people off the tower, etc, etc, etc. That's not being OP-that's being functional. Every weapon has benefits to it, nobody is going to use a weapon that does nothing.
(Sidenote::wst_charge_longscp01: isn't actually the scoped version, it's the Custom variant, with Beakon/Kraken. :wst_charge_long00: is unscoped 3K, :wst_charge_longscp00: is scoped)
[Reply]
Well thanks for the criticism mate, i appreciate it, i will put more thought into it next time but i hope you don't have to be so negative next time. This post wasn't meant to be taken too seriously in terms of competitiveness, it was more mean to be weapons that you've played or seen that have been really good in their game modes or frequently seen. Anyways thanks the tips mate
-PyrexO2

Agree with the Luna on TC, incredibly easy for someone mediocre to have success with it.

Agree with the 2 rollers, not so much restricted to a particular mode. To be honest in any mode they are pretty overpowered. again, pretty easy for a sub standard player to dominate considering the range and what not. So easy to dominate with. Ideally the range would be toned down a bit along with the ability actually splat someone in the direction you're facing compared to turning and hitting someone from the side(if that makes sense?)

I don't think there is anything wrong with the Inkstrike, yes you can use it to claim a zone but the time in control may only be very temporary.

I find if you put enough pressure on the E Litres you can force them to retreat, using the terrain and cover to hide, then when you get close put pressure on. iThat os one way to hustle them, not OP in any mode for me. Same with the Aerospray, no problems with those either.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You posted this on a forum that's attracted the most competitive-minded English-speaking players, of course it's going to get serious responses :P

PyrexO2

Senior Squid
NNID
Ethan_Gaming_02
Agree with the Luna on TC, incredibly easy for someone mediocre to have success with it.

Agree with the 2 rollers, not so much restricted to a particular mode. To be honest in any mode they are pretty overpowered. again, pretty easy for a sub standard player to dominate considering the range and what not. So easy to dominate with. Ideally the range would be toned down a bit along with the ability actually splat someone in the direction you're facing compared to turning and hitting someone from the side(if that makes sense?)

I don't think there is anything wrong with the Inkstrike, yes you can use it to claim a zone but the time in control may only be very temporary.

I find if you put enough pressure on the E Litres you can force them to retreat, using the terrain and cover to hide, then when you get close put pressure on. iThat os one way to hustle them, not OP in any mode for me. Same with the Aerospray, no problems with those either.
[Reply]
Thanks for responding i appreciate it, i'm glad someone does agree on some things, I am again sorry about this forum, i should have mentioned it somewhere in the forum that it is in fact just for fun and not meant to be seen from a competitive standpoint. Hope i can chat with you another time Super Nintendo Chalmers!
-PyrexO2

PyrexO2

Senior Squid
NNID
Ethan_Gaming_02
You posted this on a forum that's attracted the most competitive-minded English-speaking players, of course it's going to get serious responses :p
[Reply]
Again i'm sorry i didn't mention it was just for fun, i will edit this post and make sure so people don't get the wrong message.
-PyrexO2

G

girigiriHERO

I do disagree, this is what I'd consider the best choices.

Turf Wars: Inkbrush variants with Ink Recovery Up/Swim Speed Up. This can ink huge amounts of territory in a small amount of time and the Ink Recovery Up keeps your tank full.

Splat Zones: Dynamo Flickers with Ink Saver (Main). Being able to cover the zone in a short amount of time with power.

Tower Control: Any Blasters/Sloshers with Quick Respawn and/or Stealth Jump+ Quick
Super Jump. As long as you have a good grasp of the range these are great for taking out opponents.

Rainmaker: Honestly, I like this mode because I don't think there is a particular weapon that shines more than the other, almost anything is viable.

EDIT: Another thing to consider is the map. I chose what I think are the best choices overall for all maps with little skill needed, but the map can completely change what weapons will be the most efficient. Sloshers are boss on maps with overhead grates.

PyrexO2

Senior Squid
NNID
Ethan_Gaming_02
I do disagree, this is what I'd consider the best choices.

Turf Wars: Inkbrush variants with Ink Recovery Up/Swim Speed Up. This can ink huge amounts of territory in a small amount of time and the Ink Recovery Up keeps your tank full.

Splat Zones: Dynamo Flickers with Ink Saver (Main). Being able to cover the zone in a short amount of time with power.

Tower Control: Any Blasters/Sloshers with Quick Respawn and/or Stealth Jump+ Quick
Super Jump. As long as you have a good grasp of the range these are great for taking out opponents.

Rainmaker: Honestly, I like this mode because I don't think there is a particular weapon that shines more than the other, almost anything is viable.

EDIT: Another thing to consider is the map. I chose what I think are the best choices overall for all maps with little skill needed, but the map can completely change what weapons will be the most efficient. Sloshers are boss on maps with overhead grates.
[Reply]
Thanks for commenting, i know this might sound desperate or whatever but its not. Although you did disagree with me, it is completely fine and in fact i encourage other people to be different and share their opinions with me. Thank you for also mentioning the idea of stages, i have now come to realise that some stages such as moray towers are beneficial to snipers weapons and what not so some stages can be taken into consideration.
-PyrexO2

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I think the Wasabi is really powerful for turf war. It is a splattershot, so very effective in combat, but also paints efficiently and has the inkstrike (when used correctly is a good tool). I is basically a better aerospray.

For Splatzones, lots of things can work. Splattlings are really good. Things with bomb rush are good. I have found the best success with the dual squelcher. It allows you to pain the zone from a good distance and it is decent in combat.

For tower control, the tentatek is really good. Again, splattershots are effective in combat, but the tentatek has the suction bomb, which is effective for pushing people off the tower, and the inkzooka is awesome as usual. I've had success with the Custom Jet Squelcher as well. It has a kraken, so it can push the tower. It can also defend or push from a distance.

For Rainmaker, anything with a kraken is also good, as you can ink a path for your carrier. Anything with a wall is good, to defend your carrier, or block paths from their carrier.

It is hard to pick one "best" weapon because there are different roles that need to be filled to be successful.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Good weapons (not op, just good) for modes imo:

Turf Wars: idk I suck at this mode, Inkstrike at the very end is good though
Tower Control: Blasters, snipers, anything really
Rainmaker: Snipers, weapons with Kraken/Zooka/Wail
Splat Zones: Any weapon as long as they don't suck at spreading ink (e.g. Bamboozler/Squiffer)

Depends largely on map too.

PyrexO2

Senior Squid
NNID
Ethan_Gaming_02
I think the Wasabi is really powerful for turf war. It is a splattershot, so very effective in combat, but also paints efficiently and has the inkstrike (when used correctly is a good tool). I is basically a better aerospray.

For Splatzones, lots of things can work. Splattlings are really good. Things with bomb rush are good. I have found the best success with the dual squelcher. It allows you to pain the zone from a good distance and it is decent in combat.

For tower control, the tentatek is really good. Again, splattershots are effective in combat, but the tentatek has the suction bomb, which is effective for pushing people off the tower, and the inkzooka is awesome as usual. I've had success with the Custom Jet Squelcher as well. It has a kraken, so it can push the tower. It can also defend or push from a distance.

For Rainmaker, anything with a kraken is also good, as you can ink a path for your carrier. Anything with a wall is good, to defend your carrier, or block paths from their carrier.

It is hard to pick one "best" weapon because there are different roles that need to be filled to be successful.
[Reply]
Thanks for commenting man!
Look after so many comments i think i might change this thread to best. at first i was sure there were OP weapons on each mode but thankfully members of the Squidboards website have convinced me that there are only good weapons instead of just generally overpowered ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom