• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Motion controls or Analog?

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
Ok, I refuse to let this place die so here I am making another thread. Hunter, perhaps you should remind everyone on the FAQS thread once again that we have a perfectly awesome private forum space of our own in which we can discuss multiple topics. It just seems like such a waste that this place barely sees any traffic by most of our guild. Buuuut, anyways. Back to my question.

Who uses the gyro controls and who uses analog controls within our clan? I use Analog. I Loved the motion controls for shooters on the Wii so you would think I would love the motion controls for Splatoon, right? Wrong. I have tried on several occasions to see if it would up my game by using the gyro but from my assessment, I play much worse. The camera just feels so wonky to me. So props to those who can use them well.

So what do you guys use?

R_Hunter

Senior Squid
NNID
EclipseHunter
I'll be reposting the methods of communication again, and i've been thinking of unlocking the area, so as to allow others to pop in to say hello. But that's for another day.

I use analog myself. I am practicing with the gyro though. It might allow me to finally use a Charger effectively.

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
I'll be reposting the methods of communication again, and i've been thinking of unlocking the area, so as to allow others to pop in to say hello. But that's for another day.

I use analog myself. I am practicing with the gyro though. It might allow me to finally use a Charger effectively.
Yea, i'm convinced that the ONLY way for me to even be halfway decent with a charger is with the gyro And even then I'm terrible. The enemies just move to fast for me to lock onto them.

Supergamer111

Inkling
NNID
SuperGamerSplat
Motion control, all day erry day! I just turn the sensitivity to max to make sharp turns with the right analog stick, and use motion for aiming o3o

Molly

Inkling
I use the motion controls. It's easier for me to make quick reactions to things. Plus it's the only way for me to aim with properly with the Charger.

Blank564

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Blank564
Gyro controls all the way! I'll try not to judge those of you that use analogue controls too harshly :p

DE235

Full Squid
NNID
Decrosis
I use motion controls and find it generally easier to aim with the more precise weapons.

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
So I have now also switched over full time to motion controls. At first it just felt wonky to me and I couldn't adjust to it but after enough playing time I've finally gotten used to it and it's upped my game I feel. Same thing pretty much happened with the wii mote during the wii era. Goldeneye 007 was my main online shooter I played then and I started out using the Gamecube controller. I tried switching to the wii mote but felt I couldn't adjust, then a few weeks later I tried them again and it clicked and it was sooo much better. Aiming was much more precise.

Funny how history repeats itself. :3

callmediego

Inkster Jr.
NNID
callmediego
I have always used the motion controls. And for some reason this means that I can't use the R Stick while firing. I used to be able to, but have lost the ability.

Zeth_Hawkins

Inkling
NNID
Zetharl
I've been training myself to use motion controls. Limiting myself to using the right stick only when there's no action around. As much as people knock motion controls as a gimmick, it's the best accuracy you can get outside of keyboard/mouse. Heck, motion controls might actually be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom