Motion Controls Rant / Whine

Turn on y-axis on stick with motion controls?

• Total voters

Fumako

Inkling
20,000 Leagues Under Enemy Ink and Dying.
Ok, so I got a switch and splatoon about a week ago and I'm LOVING it.
Right now I've decided to stop being stubborn and learn motion controls because yay actually aiming.
I am then, after turning it on, immediately uncomfortable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually liking the motion controls. I've been grinding out learning charger flicks for the past hour and am steadily getting more comfortable and consistent.

However,
Nintendo, why
oh why oh why,
do motion controls turn off the stick's y-axis?

Splatoon 2 might actually cause me my first video game related injury by spraining my wrists whenever I have to fight anyone with the high ground. Or whenever I jump, look down, and ink a path ahead. (Repetitive motions can actually cause serious problems if you're doing a lot of movements so take a break often, kids~)

Dear Nintendo, please. What is this soykaf?
Fix this so I can start working towards getting S+ exclusively using the Goo Tuber. (Not a joke.)

//whining done//
Oh, and, I guess hi!
I'm new here and I didn't see an "Introduce yourself thread"
Don't worry, I usually have the patience of a saint. And not the ones who hit people who don't agree with them. I just hate bad control stuff.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Welcome to squidboards!

Use a higher sensitivity so you don't sprain your wrists.

I have a squad mate who has reached S+ using 3 weapons which included the goo tuber.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think once you've gotten totally accustomed to the motion controls you'll be glad that the Y-axis is disabled on the control stick.

It took me a while to get used to them too (in Splatoon 1, so thankfully for this game I already mastered them from launch), but it's worth it.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I would recommend a higher sensitivity, but I agree that it should be optional to still be able to use the Y-Axis for motion controls.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Hm, I see a lot of people saying to turn up the sensitivity, what are y'all using?
I'm using 0 on motion and -3 on stick since this was what I saw in a motion control propaganda video and it was pretty comfy.
Whoa. Definitely need higher sensitivity. I go 5 on both, but I've read that starting around 1.5-2 on both is a good idea. Then you can step it up as needed from there.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Sensitivity depends a lot on personal preference and weapon choice.

What weapon are you using?

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Hm, I see a lot of people saying to turn up the sensitivity, what are y'all using?
I'm using 0 on motion and -3 on stick since this was what I saw in a motion control propaganda video and it was pretty comfy.
Sensitivity depends a lot on personal preference and weapon choice.

What weapon are you using?
I am using Stick: -1, Motion: +3 as I like it the most. But as BBGrenorange said, it depends alot on personal preference and the weapons choice. I am using very long-ranged shooters (Jet-Squelcher, SplattershotPro and Dual Squelchers).

Ohh... And as long as you don't break your arm while playing video games everything is OK(I think. My brother managed to break his arm while playing Wii Sports Baseball).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom