Motion vs. Stick (and History)

Do you prefer Motion or Stick and did you play other Shooters before Splatoon?

• I prefer Motion Controls and I did play other Shooters before Splatoon

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • I prefer Motion Controls and I did NOT play other Shooters before Splatoon

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I prefer Stick Controls and I did play other Shooters before Splatoon

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I prefer Stick Controls and I did NOT play other Shooters before Splatoon

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
I know there are other topics similar to this, but I wanted to add another angle to it to satisfy my curiosity in regards to the matter.

In short, did you play other Shooters before Splatoon and which controls for Splatoon do you prefer?

And by play other shooters, I mean you played them fairly regularly. Not the periodic CoD party at your friends house, but actually played and owned Halo or Battlefield or whatever.

And I suppose I should be a little more specific, but Shooters on Consoles, not including PCs here because the controls are just that different.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
I come from a background filled with shooters. From gears to halo to cod, I played just about every popular shooter on pc and consoles. And I still prefer motion.

Boidoh

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Boidoh
Does Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. count as a shooter? I mean... you shoot...

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I played COD competitively back in the day, and I always used a regular old X-Box 360 controller. Now that I use motion controls, there is no way I am going back. Do you know how tough it is to play Watch Dogs now? I always mess up because my brain is set on the fact that motion controls still work.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I played Team Fortress 2 on PC and Kid Icarus Uprising on 3DS. No analog sticks, yuck.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I prefer stick controls because motion controls tend to bother me and besides I seem to do fine with stick controls anyways just need to find a way on how to work blasters with them

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
I've played lots of multiplayer shooters mainly on PC, Counter Strike 1.6, Unreal Tournament 2014, Quake Arena, Team Fortress 2, to name some, if Splatoon didn't have motion controls I probably wouldn't be playing right now, probably because I'm too used to mouse aiming but I can't stand aiming with a stick and motion controlls feel almost as good as a mouse to me

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
I've played lots of multiplayer shooters mainly on PC, Counter Strike 1.6, Unreal Tournament 2014, Quake Arena, Team Fortress 2, to name some, if Splatoon didn't have motion controls I probably wouldn't be playing right now, probably because I'm too used to mouse aiming but I can't stand aiming with a stick and motion controlls feel almost as good as a mouse to me
pretty much exactly this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom