• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Movement

Is Splatoon a movement shooter?

• Yay

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Neigh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrMoth

Flingza Enjoyer
NNID
MothBoi
Switch Friend Code
SW-6372-9131-0442
Yo.
i was thinking to myself, “is Splatoon considered a movement shooter?” I couldn’t really come up with an answer, so here I am, asking y’al. Is Splatoon a movement shooter?

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
If the only weapon in the game were tetra dualies then I would say yes.

I personally think that you don't really seem to have much freedom in movement much at all in splat2. The only special to help movement is baller and they gutted that a while ago.(I don't count inkjet because it puts you back to where you initiated it) Beacons are a rare sub that's even rarer on weapons that it use to free up movement options as opposed to speeding up respawning. Splat1 is similar, however I think it doesn't restrict movement as much (I think that has more to due with individual power in 1 as compared to 2, but splat1 has tighter maps so idk)

Fortunately splat3 seems to be emphasizing movement more through squid surge and squid roll. As well as with its specials like the crab tank and zipcaster.

Honestly classifying splatoon as a [insert word] shooter is pointless. It takes inspiration from them but that's about it.

frankus

Banned (6 points)
I always wanted to fight in the streets outside of the arena. If you watch boundry break Splatoon on YouTube there are a lot of areas that Nintendo made but are not used. It would be fun to fight behind buildings, on top of them, inside offices, taking shots from windows. The other thing is there needs to be more weapons like Pie Launchers, and Ink Mop, Honing Rockets, Eggs filled with Ink, and Ink Towel. And what about allowing some Inklings and Octolings to ride
1641400015177.png
? Imaging your
1641400024706.png
with a mounted
1641400053651.png
and shooting
1641400074080.png
filled with ink. It could catch opponent's shots and fire them back. I got so many ideas for Splatoon 3 that I want to build my own version of it someday that runs on my Codeloader website. Free for everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom