• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Murch coming in clutch

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Soooooo...... this happened to me yesterday and I was QUITE confused. I didn't quite catch if the dialogue was different from Murch like maybe he said "I found EXACTLY what you wanted" or something but I was speechless so I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else. It's a 2-star gear yet it gave me all 3 slots and they were all filled. I mean it had to be programmed into the game having a chance of getting the exact piece of gear b/c it had a special price (100k). So I'm curious to know if this has happened to anyone else...

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
If only it were a more useful ability... This is the first time I'm seeing this. 100K is actually pretty cheap, considering that it would cost over 10x as much from scrubbing gear.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
So what I think happened is the player you ordered from had increased the slots on the gear, and then made it pure, and you got lucky with Murch, as that can happen sometimes.

One time, I got a pair of shoes with 2 subs of :ability_inkrecovery:at the cost of 50000 from Murch (the previous owner had a pure,) and then got the last sub randomly - as in no drinks, or anything - and got another :ability_inkrecovery:. Essentially half off for something just as good :D

Padre

Pro Squid
Sure, why not?
There is a chance that he finds what you wanted, right?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
This has roughly a 1% chance of happening, so consider yourself very lucky with your Moray Towers starter pack.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Yes, this happened to me not too long ago on a piece of one star gear! Funny thing is, I only ordered that King Facemask because it happened to be a piece of gear I didn't own yet. Never expected a pure! :D

Do you remember whether the player you ordered from had already made it pure?

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
I remembered I once ordered a pair of tinted shades with run speed up main and 3 run speed up subs (aka tha n-zap gang’s uniform), and he found me an exactly same pair of shades.
But this only happend once, so I suppose it is a pretty rare incident to get something exactly the same as your order, especially something with 3 same sub skills. Maybe like lower than 5%?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom