Music Comparison

OzGuy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OzGuyU
The new music for Splatoon 2 is weird. REALLY weird.
How does it compare to Splatoon 1?

Egg Queen

Full Squid
As of right now, I still prefer Splatoon 1's music more but that may just be because it's the older game and the new music is... well, new lol
Although both games have really exciting music, I feel like Splatoon 1 music pumps me up more :^)

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I mean, Hightide Era is just as weird as Ink Theory, and Bottom Feeders provides a new take on the standard sound, just like ABXY did.

SquidletSquidlet

Inkster Jr.
I like the "old" new music of Splatoon 2 just fine. Not as much as 1, but it's still good. The music that came with the new updates is just awful. It is not congruent with Splatoon at all, and the rock one is just annoying macho trash. I always mute the game when it plays which sucks cause I LOVE the music and sound effects of Sploon normally. On its own merits, the jazzy one is pretty good but is not a good fit for Splatoon at all.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I was indifferent between Splatoon 1 and Splatoon 2 until the 2.0 update. I don't like any of the new music either. It's random and doesn't fit Splatoon well at all. I like the idea of rock violin, but the arrangements are awful.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Personally I like the fact that they tried to make the soundtrack more distinctive because it would be boring hearing the same rock/electronic songs all the time. I still prefer 1's music, but the new songs eventually grew on me.

.Chocolate

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8319-6524-5403
I never really listened to Splatoon 1's soundtracks but I do like Splat 2s'. The Splatfest theme is especially good but all of them gets a little boring after a while.

OzGuy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OzGuyU
Yeah, they really seem to be cranking an already weird game up to 11.

the

Inkling Commander
Yall are entitled to ur opinion but I actually hated most of the music in multiplayer at launch. The variety of weird and fast paced music they have now is so good, and I’m pretty sure it’s one of the main reasons I’m having more fun with the game since the update. Plus it feels no more different imo than the chiptune band in splatoon 1 felt from the punk rock at that game’s launch.

Anyway tl;dr i will defend ink theory and bottom feeders with every last not-bone in my squid body

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
I prefer the Splatoon one tracks but Splatoon 2's is ok, there are some tracks in Splatoon 2 that I enjoy :3

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I like the single player music for Splatoon 2 more than Splatoon 1, but the multiplayer music is way better in Splatoon 1 than in Splatoon 2.
Unlike the multiplayer music, Splatoon 2 actually reuses much of the music from Splatoon 1 for single player. I'm really glad they reused the music for Gusher Gauntlet in Splatoon 1 for Splatoon 2. It's easily my favorite single player theme in either game.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
I'm going with:
Splat1 Multiplayer > Splat2 Multiplayer
Splat2 Singleplayer > Splat1 Singleplayer

Which seems to be the general consensus of the thread.
Unlike the multiplayer music, Splatoon 2 actually reuses much of the music from Splatoon 1 for single player.
Well, technically they only brought back 3 songs (Tentacular Circus, Cephaloparade and Octoling Rendezvous) which I wouldn't really count as "reusing much of the music", but I suppose it depends on how you view it.
I'm really glad they reused the music for Gusher Gauntlet in Splatoon 1 for Splatoon 2. It's easily my favorite single player theme in either game.
I can still remember the hype I felt when I heard it in the Singleplayer trailer for the first game.
(but it's only my favourite from both games because they didn't bring back Eight-Legged Advance in 2.)

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I'm going with:
Splat1 Multiplayer > Splat2 Multiplayer
Splat2 Singleplayer > Splat1 Singleplayer

Which seems to be the general consensus of the thread.
To me, I think:
Splat1 Multiplayer > Splat2 Multiplayer (or with update music included, ">>>")
Splat2 Singleplayer = Splat1 Singleplayer

Well, technically they only brought back 3 songs (Tentacular Circus, Cephaloparade and Octoling Rendezvous) which I wouldn't really count as "reusing much of the music", but I suppose it depends on how you view it.
Really, only three? Well, they kept all the most memorable music to me, which is why I guess I thought there more reused songs. A couple of the new songs are remixes though: Octo Eight-Step is a remix of Eight-Legged Advance, although I prefer Eight-Legged Advance. The boss music of Splatoon 2 is sort of a remix of the first game's boss music, I think? I don't know which one I prefer though; the new boss music is more upbeat and just sounds more like boss music, but can get pretty annoying for some of the longer bosses. Spicy Calamari Inkantation is obviously a remix of Calamari Inkantation, and while neither are bad, I easily prefer the original (I'm also biased, lol).There are likely more remixes, but I probably haven't played Splatoon 1's single player since early 2016... I really wished they kept the mission clear theme though, along with the old animation where you pat the Zapfish on its head. It felt really accomplishing...

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
To me, I think:
Splat1 Multiplayer > Splat2 Multiplayer (or with update music included, ">>>")
Splat2 Singleplayer = Splat1 Singleplayer
For me, it's this:
Splat 1 multiplayer > Splat 2 multiplayer (mostly just nostalgia though, all the Splat 2 songs are very good in their own right. Still can't get enough of Fins & Fiddles)
Splat 1 singleplayer < Splat 2 multiplayer (I like the remixes more honestly ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom