My E-Liter Squids!...how you doing?

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
How has the damage nerf altered your play-style and gear picks?

Up till today I've been running 2 mains and 3-4 subs of Damage up. Is this still helpful or necessary?

Has the gun's gameplan been irrevocably altered?

Alternately, is anybody switching chargers completely from one of the e-liters to a splatter-scope or something?

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team
I use different chargers depending on the maps available. That being said, I use practically nothing aside from chargers...I need to learn a new weapon.

Anyways, I've honestly just run 3 damage up sub abilities on all my chargers, aside from Squiffers, and they've done just fine for me. I'll have to check how much this alters how my shots do in practice before I can say anything more about it.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
I use the normal e-liter but I don't think the nerf will stop me that much because i'm not close enough for them to hit me and if my first shot doesn't end them my follow up burst bomb will, but e-liter is the only sniper (beside the scope counterpart) that I know has burst bombs, so but you can still use damage ups to have the incomplete charge (if i have read the patch notes closely) but generally if you can within there firing range and don't have a full charge you will most likey die.

Edit forgot about gear I will generally have ninja squid and tenicty i have never bothered with damage up because i will generally throw burst bombs if they are within that range and I can't charge a full shot

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
After playing a bit today, e-liter feels the same. We can't do those "squiffer shots" anymore, but those types of kills were only part of e-liter's game.
For standard e-liter I'm still packing at least 2 mains worth of damage up, but i wonder if the benefit is worth it anymore.

I've been playing the e-liter 3K custom with a mix of quick jump (for escaping primarily) ink recovery and recon. Its a fun alternative to the all-damage builds. More of a tactician style of game play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom