My favourite part about Splatoon

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
You haven't truely been in S(alt) Rank untill you've experienced one big losing streak.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I almost burst out laughing reading this! So very unexpected and oh so very true!

It's the reason I play Splatoon! It must be, because it's something that can be counted upon, daily! :)

It kind of reads like it should be a Squid Sister's Dialog.

Callie: My favorite part of battling is running around with a slosher painting everything, even the trees! What's your favorite part about it, Marie?

Marie: Sudden losing streaks. Yay!

tape1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tape11
Switch Friend Code
SW-3407-1101-4635
Well, at least there are the winning streaks to cancel that effect out. I don't see many losing streaks because I just stop playing ranked when I lose three times in a row (playing it safe).

tape1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tape11
Switch Friend Code
SW-3407-1101-4635
Whoa, which Amiibo unlocks that? :p
The "switch lobby" and "try again tomorrow" and "figure out why you always lose" amiibos. They're pretty rare though.

Award

The "switch lobby" and "try again tomorrow" and "figure out why you always lose" amiibos. They're pretty rare though.
Oh, those must have been a Best Buy exclusive that sold out in 20 minutes. I thought I found one on E-Bay, but it was just a bootlegged "Server is Currently Undergoing Maintenance" Amiibo.

Rina S

Inkling
NNID
inklingrina
Lol I know your pain. Last night I was at A+ 96, needed to win 1 more game to S-, then I was constantly losing and now I'm at A 40. Gotta get better x3

EricaAndFoxybae

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EricaAndFoxybae
Sometimes even just changing your weapon helps with these sudden streaks. I was losing with the dynamo and gal, but right now I'm a fearsome krak-on.

Last edited:

Award

Sometimes even just changing your weapon helps with these sudden streaks. I was losing with the dynamo and gal, but right now I'm a fearsome krak-on.
Yeah often times that will help. I know it's a REALLY awful night when I run through all the weapons in the top line of my sig, most of the ones on the bottom, and at least something not on either line. Then I know the game is sabotaging me. :D

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I generally try not to blame my teammates, it's a team-based game after all and I'm as much at fault as anybody else, but when the losing streaks happen I can turn into the Heavy. "Entire team is BABIES! Who send all these babies to fight!?"

Award

I generally try not to blame my teammates, it's a team-based game after all and I'm as much at fault as anybody else, but when the losing streaks happen I can turn into the Heavy. "Entire team is BABIES! Who send all these babies to fight!?"
I can't blame a team when the game matchmaker is so bad and pits overpowered players against weaker ones who play well, and try hard, but ultimately can't succeed. If they shoot, but miss, it's not their fault their opponents are superior.

I DO blame the team when nobody touches the objective, nobody paints any terrain leaving the base immobile and indefensible, and when you see aerosparays shooting from sniper perches at the splat zone. Or when you're alone defending the base and 2-3 enemies are coming in to flank/ sieze it and you wonder just where your team was, when all of their opponents were alone with you. That's when you resort to:

EricaAndFoxybae

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EricaAndFoxybae
I can't blame a team when the game matchmaker is so bad and pits overpowered players against weaker ones who play well, and try hard, but ultimately can't succeed. If they shoot, but miss, it's not their fault their opponents are superior.

I DO blame the team when nobody touches the objective, nobody paints any terrain leaving the base immobile and indefensible, and when you see aerosparays shooting from sniper perches at the splat zone. Or when you're alone defending the base and 2-3 enemies are coming in to flank/ sieze it and you wonder just where your team was, when all of their opponents were alone with you. That's when you resort to:
Sounds about right.
I remember in the museum map, there was a Japanese player on the opposing team that wasn't trying to grab the Rainmaker. He just sat in one of the corners flopping around. When he noticed me, I couldn't help but join along.

Then I realized I wasn't helping

Oops.

Award

Sounds about right.
I remember in the museum map, there was a Japanese player on the opposing team that wasn't trying to grab the Rainmaker. He just sat in one of the corners flopping around. When he noticed me, I couldn't help but join along.

Then I realized I wasn't helping

Oops.
LOL, so YOU'RE one of @Dessgeega 's ranked squid partiers! :p

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I mentioned to Award in a conversation that I don't do ranked much because my luck is terrible and I constantly run into squid partiers. Hurray for unintentional inside jokes!

Award

I mentioned to Award in a conversation that I don't do ranked much because my luck is terrible and I constantly run into squid partiers. Hurray for unintentional inside jokes!
LOL, I was thinking that was in THIS thread for some reason :oops:

I have noticed that Japanese players are a lot more likely to squidparty in general. It was crazy a few weeks ago the first match in TW after their Splatfest ended they were just going crazy shooting at their own teammates on the spawn and partying everywhere. If it were ranked I'd have been so mad, but in TW it was bizarrely fun like a big party :)

EricaAndFoxybae

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EricaAndFoxybae
I'd do that more often, but it takes forever to get back up to my regular rank once I spend a few rounds messing around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom