My problem with the ordering system

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
So I was playing some ranked, and I come across a guy who has a pure octoling visor, so instINKtivly after the battle I leave the lobby to find out I can't order it. Now I understandthat people don't want anyone to get their hands on gear they're yet to unlock, but if I already own the gear, I should be able to order it then. I can't tell you how many times I've seen subs I want on gear I can't order.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Maybe you already ordered something? I think there's a limit of one item per day, as you can even order gear you already have (but if you do keep that new gear, you lose the old one)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I would assume it'd be easy to put it a check for Octo Valley and the Level Up gear so you can order better
versions of it. Why you can't order things you do have is an odd choice, especially with your gear possibly saving you from a splat.

DavAndrus

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dorkdav
So I was playing some ranked, and I come across a guy who has a pure octoling visor, so instINKtivly after the battle I leave the lobby to find out I can't order it. Now I understandthat people don't want anyone to get their hands on gear they're yet to unlock, but if I already own the gear, I should be able to order it then. I can't tell you how many times I've seen subs I want on gear I can't order.
Yeah I hear you on that. I think we should be able order gear that we already own weather it's story mode or amiibo.

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
Maybe you already ordered something? I think there's a limit of one item per day, as you can even order gear you already have (but if you do keep that new gear, you lose the old one)
I'm talking about story/amiibo/level up gear only, for example the octoling visor I was talking about, Is a story item, therefore I can't order it. I understand that ninty wants people to complete the story mode, or buy an amiibo or level to X level where you get X gear, But if I already have that gear, ther should be nothing stopping me from ordering it to try and get the subs someone else has on theirs.

JazzCaht

Inkling
NNID
Pearl-Knight
I can't help but agree, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that you can't order gear that you own. Maybe they'll add that feature in the future? Who knows. Although I don't know where you could suggest something like that to be added. I'd be something worth looking into, I think.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm talking about story/amiibo/level up gear only, for example the octoling visor I was talking about, Is a story item, therefore I can't order it. I understand that ninty wants people to complete the story mode, or buy an amiibo or level to X level where you get X gear, But if I already have that gear, ther should be nothing stopping me from ordering it to try and get the subs someone else has on theirs.
Chances are that there is some coding that prevents the gear from being able to be ordered. Some of this stuff may seem simple, but there could be a line in the game's code that would break something else if you modify it, which I've seen and done quite a bit in my studies. In any case, remember that it is still possible that Spike doesn't get you what you wanted, or that you could reroll something better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom