• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

My recent losses have been getting to me and I feel bad

SoapySeltzer

Inkling
Pronouns
she/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-7360-6061-3060
Hey, everyone. First post.

So, like the title suggests, I've been getting almost exclusively terrible losses during turf war recently and it's been impacting my mental health. I actually cried pretty hard the last couple times I've lost because I can't take it anymore. Before this, I managed to do pretty well and had a nice balance of wins to losses, but I feel like my skills have somehow tanked and I don't feel like myself anymore. I don't know what to do. I recently completed all palettes in Side Order, so I shouldn't be doing this bad. What's wrong with me?

neonscreenlight

Semi-Pro Squid
honestly with your current situation i'd say the best solution is just to take a break from the game for however long you think you need to. it could be a day, it could be a month, who knows. you don't have to play this game all the time, and you should really only be playing if you're gonna have fun.

uhh but also this video

SoapySeltzer

Inkling
Pronouns
she/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-7360-6061-3060
honestly with your current situation i'd say the best solution is just to take a break from the game for however long you think you need to. it could be a day, it could be a month, who knows. you don't have to play this game all the time, and you should really only be playing if you're gonna have fun.

uhh but also this video
This video actually feels really helpful ngl. Thanks

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
If your mental is bad or you're expecting to lose it's going to screw with both your mechanics and your ability to think about what you need to be doing in the game. Losing games happens, losing streaks happen, and sometimes people do poorly for longer than that. As Neon said if you're to the point of tears you should take a break for some amount of time that only you could really decide for yourself.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Yeah, whenever you're getting sad, angry, or generally upset that you're on a loss streak, you're likely to get into a vicious cycle, which happens no matter your skill level, and usually just makes you feel worse. So take a break, play salmon run, another game, whatever works for you, and come back when you're feeling refreshed!

SoapySeltzer

Inkling
Pronouns
she/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-7360-6061-3060
Yeah, whenever you're getting sad, angry, or generally upset that you're on a loss streak, you're likely to get into a vicious cycle, which happens no matter your skill level, and usually just makes you feel worse. So take a break, play salmon run, another game, whatever works for you, and come back when you're feeling refreshed!
I might play some Wobbledogs since it's so low stakes that the stakes are practically in hell lol

C-53

Inkling
It sounds like maybe you’re primarily a turf war player in pvp. If that’s correct, I really recommend spending more time in ranked open.

The ranked mode objectives allow for different play styles to flourish. For example, if you prefer to play backline or midline support roles, you may find yourself flanked far less often because opponents are more focused on the objective, giving you more freedom to choose advantageous fights, set your own pace, and coordinate with your team. Speaking of which, I usually feel more supported in ranked games because my teammates are more focused on coordination and collaboration (I’m s+, so ymmv).

Last, but maybe most important, getting stomped in a ranked match feels less bad to me. It takes like 60 seconds in many cases (sometimes less). I get spawn locked in ranked more rarely than turf because my opponents are too busy winning the objective (occasional exception: splat zones).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom