• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

My Team Mates are the Worst(Thread)

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Just a simple thread to discuss and whine about how team mates sometimes sabotage your games.

I will start things off with this SplatZone Pic, where my teams got 2 kills in SplatZone match. They also somehow managed to die 18 times in the very same game.
I've got many similar results but this was the worst.

My favorite is seeing that one guy in matches who manages to die 12 times while not doing much else.

Last edited:

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
I too suffer the carrying curse. Some teammates are just...ugh...completely INEPT.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
I too suffer the carrying curse. Some teammates are just...ugh...completely INEPT.
I'm completely inept when testing out new/other weapons, but I do all my testing in Turf Wars where my team mates at least get points even if I suck :D

I cannot otherwise explain how someone can get to B/A ranking while feeding so much. One of the main rules in Splatzone is minimize your deaths if you want to constantly win. A Team which dies a lot will win a minority of matches while a team that has few kills but even fewer deaths is likely to win a majority of matches.

Pesty

Inkster Jr.
I went 23/4 one game and we still lost because two of my teammates had each died at least ten times.
It sucks, but remembering that the enemy team has just as much of a chance as getting those players as I do helps ward off the salt.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
I went 23/4 one game and we still lost because two of my teammates had each died at least ten times.
It sucks, but remembering that the enemy team has just as much of a chance as getting those players as I do helps ward off the salt.
Absolutely, that's one of the good mechanics - still it's good to vent and whine somewhere.
I honestly have taken around 50 photos of matches where I was the only person with positive statistics on my team.

Pesty

Inkster Jr.
Absolutely, that's one of the good mechanics - still it's good to vent and whine somewhere.
I honestly have taken around 50 photos of matches where I was the only person with positive statistics on my team.
I totally agree with you on the venting thing.
It's bizarre how many people ranked decently don't actually know how to play splatzones. Like, what are the odds all of them got carried? Astronomically low I would assume, but...

fenrir vii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
fenrir_vii
Earlier this week, I had 16 kills on Port Mackerel. Lost... next game I had 22 kills... lost again.

I hate that kind of thing.

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
I'm ready to give up on Ranked until/unless they let us choose our teams. I play support with an Inkbrush, getting lots of turf, trying to give my team room to move, and staying alive as much as possible so they can super jump into a safe spot. I'm pretty good at it, I seldom die, and when I'm supporting good players I get a few kills as well. But because I play support, because the Inkbrush is not a good offensive weapon, my rank climb depends powerfully on getting teammates who know what they are doing. I can try to carry a bad team with my little brush, but it's... ...not easy. I climbed up into the high Bs, then yesterday fell back to C rank as over and over again I was paired with various guns that died in really stupid ways, often running headlong into enemy territory, and just not *trying* to stay alive. The results would come out with me dying once or twice at most, but also securing few kills, and most of my teammates dying 13+ times! It feels so unfair, and slanted so heavily towards playing with aggressive weapons that can carry a whole team, which isn't what I want to do, even if I'm probably capable of it.

I felt proud that I was making it towards the A ranks with the Inkbrush. But after that massive fall, I feel... ...like ranked isn't worth the trouble.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
Just goes to show the game isn't about kills. Cover that territory! Don't worry too much about the K/D ratio.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
I'm ready to give up on Ranked until/unless they let us choose our teams. I play support with an Inkbrush, getting lots of turf, trying to give my team room to move, and staying alive as much as possible so they can super jump into a safe spot. I'm pretty good at it, I seldom die, and when I'm supporting good players I get a few kills as well. But because I play support, because the Inkbrush is not a good offensive weapon, my rank climb depends powerfully on getting teammates who know what they are doing. I can try to carry a bad team with my little brush, but it's... ...not easy. I climbed up into the high Bs, then yesterday fell back to C rank as over and over again I was paired with various guns that died in really stupid ways, often running headlong into enemy territory, and just not *trying* to stay alive. The results would come out with me dying once or twice at most, but also securing few kills, and most of my teammates dying 13+ times! It feels so unfair, and slanted so heavily towards playing with aggressive weapons that can carry a whole team, which isn't what I want to do, even if I'm probably capable of it.

I felt proud that I was making it towards the A ranks with the Inkbrush. But after that massive fall, I feel... ...like ranked isn't worth the trouble.
Exactly support won't be recognized until you have teams available, right now players are filling that role out of necessity because the rest of the team is doing their own thing. Once the August update is out, I think the way supports play will be really recognized. Right now I have no way of knowing what my team mates are doing outside of the score. Thats why being able to spectate would be pretty awesome as well. I feel that MOBAs ran into this problem like people didn't recognized how important the person doing all the support is until they watched actual competitive matches.

Right now to get ahead in Ranked the easiest way to do it - is to pick weapons/playstyles which dominate matches, killing opposition etc. But those playstyles are unable to win all matches unless you have good support in place who stays alive and allows you to squid jump in a safe area. Or take the attention of several opponents away from the zone and than squid jump back into safe territory. I've seen some pretty awesome brush players in ranked who didn't dominate in kills but definitely dominated the game by making everyone concentrate on them.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
Remember, we ALL are in the same boat with the random teams. If they do add premades in ranked, they better put it in a separate ranked mode.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Remember, we ALL are in the same boat with the random teams. If they do add premades in ranked, they better put it in a separate ranked mode.
Teams should definitely be separate from randoms.
A team will REK a team of randoms EVERYTIME no matter how good the randoms are

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom