My thoughts on confirmed Sets and guesses for the 4 unconfirmed Sets in Sheldon's Picks Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorSmart

Inkling
NNID
ElzoBro
  • N-Zap '83 - Point Sensor/Kraken
it's a solid eneough set, I have no qualms I guess. It's basically a Support N-Zap based on the Famicom. I'm gonna think there's gonna be a Medium Depletion on this thing, so I'm not too worried about that Kraken, but watch out! There's no hiding from a Kraken that know exactly where you are!

• CoroCoro Splat Roller - Splash Wall/Inkzooka
We've already known about this one for a while so no point in getting too googly about it, but... I've always wanted a Splash Wall on a Roller, so this is the fruit of my greatest dream... Ahem Anyway, I can see this thing getting Slapped with a Medium-Large Special Depletion so I don't get my hopes too high for that Inkooka, but it is a nice bonus!

• Grim Range Blaster - Burst Bomb/Killer Whail
Burst Bombs are a bit of a weird set for a Blaster, especially a Range Blaster with such a slow fire rate, but I do like that Killer Whail! The Burst Bombs could be good for quickly building your Special! I would it has Light depletion like the rest of them so watch out for those Killer Whails!

• Bento Splat Charger/Splatterscope - Splash Wall/Echolocator
OK, this is where I draw a bit of a line a bit, this is way too weird. It's gonna be hard to see your enemies and aim well with a wall of ink in your way; (But I guess that's what the Echolocator is for) This seems to be a front lines type Splat Charger so this would be the one situation where I'd pick the Charger over the Scope. You already have enough range over everyone without a Scope, especially in the front lines. You'll need the extra visibility! I can see this weapon being a total cesspool of Damage Up Stacking what with the Splash Wall giving way for a close Range Charger, although there's still the Squiffer which does this ones job probably better except for the added range. I'd say this weapon can go two ways. Splash Wall dropping, Close Combat, Damage Up Stacking, moster of a weapon... or a more Supportive Splat Charger. This weapon could be very deadly with the Perfect Set in the right hands, but I bet it'll be a pretty good amount of heck to master! (Like a Bamboozler or to a far lesser extent, a Squiffer) All I can guarantee is that I'm like 98.5% Sure it'll have Light Special Depletion, so Echolocators for all!

My four guesses are:

These are not official. I would like to hear your ideas below.

• Aerospray GG - Disruptor/Bubbler

• H-3 Nozzlenose C - Splat Bomb/Killer Whail

• Pink Gold Sploosh-o-Matic Seeker/Inkstrike

• Fruity Heavy Splatling - Seeker/Seeker Rush

My reasoning for Seeker Rush is that, last time around they made a Mini with Burst Bomb Rush, a Special with only the Splattershot, so I bet they'll have a weapon with Seeker Rush so that the Carbon Roller isn't completely alone. Also Splatlings don't have Seekers on any of their sets, so it makes the most sense on the Splatling.

If it's not that we'll probably get this:

• Yummy Heavy Splatling - Ink Mine/Echolocator

Tell me your thoughts and guesses on the Weapons! I really want to hear what you think about my thoughts, and I want to hear and think about yours!

Flarablitz

Inkling
NNID
Flarablitz
NEW KITS:
  • N Zap 83 : Honestly don't know how I'll feel about this one, heavily on the fence. To me, it's a weaker sploosh, but maybe the range will convince me otherwise
  • Grim Range Blaster: Man, burst bombs, I can see them helping with early damage in close range situations. The edge over opponents in that regard is appreciated
  • Bento Splat: Also on the fence for this weapon. I like the idea of it, charger with a wall hype and all, but I think it will depend on the amount/charge of shot(s) one can get off after throwing the wall. Echo will be interesting for comboing with the wall. I think this is a more beginner friendly charger and I like it for that reason over any other. I think it will be interesting to see how it does against E-lites.
Potential kits:
  • Aero GG: I don't think the new aeromeme would benefit much from a bubble, as it's relatively short range would make it kind of weak addition to the weapon. It could get pushed back really easily from attempted attacks and won't be able to counter anything that beats it in the range game. I'd like to see it have a kit with either the suction or splat bomb with bomb rush as special
  • H-3 - C: Agreed, I like this style of kit for the weapon
  • Pink Gold Sploosh- I'd like to see a sploosh with an inkzooka, but I doubt we're going to get it due to the splash-o matic having one. I can dream thoooo. Other than that, seeker is a good choice for sub
  • Fruity Heavy Splatling: Don't have much to say, a Splatling can make good use of any kit really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom