• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

My Thoughts on Splatoon After 24 Hour Marathon

Omni

Inkling
NNID
InfernoOmni
Yo.

So I hit LVL 19 by the end of my marathon the other night. This includes playing quite a bit of offline as well. Just wanted to share my general thoughts, experiences, and impressions after playing the game for 24 hours straight.

1. Splattershot Jr - Best weapon in the game for Turf Wars. The gun itself is pretty amazing: rapid fire, shoots out enough ink to cover areas almost as well as a Roller, high ink capacity, etc. But what makes the gun so good is that it's combined with the Bubble Barrier special. Bubble Barrier aka makes you and your teammates who touch this invincible for a few seconds. Pop this bad boy and watch people regret coming at you. Or if you see a few of your teammates going in deep charge at them with the Bubble as an assist and clean house.
  2. Kraken Roller - My personal favorite roller with Turf Wars. It's pretty much a huge backdoor machine. All you need to do is build Kraken Meter on your own turf. Then charge through a neutral line and kill anyone you see in the first phase and go hide in their base on the second phase of Kraken. Once it ends drop a Sensor Turret in an inconspicuous place and start backdooring. If you die, it's; K cuz everyone right now is too stupid to destroy the turret.
  3. Splatterscope - My favorite sniper rifle. You won';t be getting high amounts of P in Turf Wars, but that's okay. Your goal should be to keep a very healthy kill to death ratio and either spawn camp or just clogging up certain areas. It is extremely dangerous on stages with a lot of open space or not that many corners to manuever around. VERY HARD TO MASTER but I think as people get good more people will be using this gun. Range is power.
  4. 2 Maps every 4 hours is really lame. Don't like it.
  5. Team play is huge. League of Legends feel to it. You cannot win no matter how good you are if your teamwork is weak. Period. You MIGHT be able to make some clutch plays, but against a team with 4 mediocre players you'll probably still lose.

Last edited:

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
Yo.

So I hit LVL 19 by the end of my marathon the other night. This includes playing quite a bit of offline as well. Just wanted to share my general thoughts, experiences, and impressions after playing the game for 24 hours straight.

1. Splattershot Jr - Best weapon in the game for Turf Wars. The gun itself is pretty amazing: rapid fire, shoots out enough ink to cover areas almost as well as a Roller, high ink capacity, etc. But what makes the gun so good is that it's combined with the Bubble Barrier special. Bubble Barrier aka makes you and your teammates who touch this invincible for a few seconds. Pop this bad boy and watch people regret coming at you. Or if you see a few of your teammates going in deep charge at them with the Bubble as an assist and clean house.
  2. Kraken Roller - My personal favorite roller with Turf Wars. It's pretty much a huge backdoor machine. All you need to do is build Kraken Meter on your own turf. Then charge through a neutral line and kill anyone you see in the first phase and go hide in their base on the second phase of Kraken. Once it ends drop a Sensor Turret in an inconspicuous place and start backdooring. If you die, it's; K cuz everyone right now is too stupid to destroy the turret.
  3. Splatterscope - My favorite sniper rifle. You won';t be getting high amounts of P in Turf Wars, but that's okay. Your goal should be to keep a very healthy kill to death ratio and either spawn camp or just clogging up certain areas. It is extremely dangerous on stages with a lot of open space or not that many corners to manuever around. VERY HARD TO MASTER but I think as people get good more people will be using this gun. Range is power.
  4. 2 Maps every 2 hours is really lame. Don't like it.
  5. Team play is huge. League of Legends feel to it. You cannot win no matter how good you are if your teamwork is weak. Period. You MIGHT be able to make some clutch plays, but against a team with 4 mediocre players you'll probably still lose.
#1 and 4, I can't agree with you more. Also, hey Omni :)

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
I got to see some of the stream omni. By the end you looked like you were playing with your eyes closed. Great job getting though so much.

I haven't had an opportunity to play myself yet but most of your observations seem spot on. You sensing a bubbler nerd incoming? Everyone seems to be picking it level 1 and then never letting go for more than a match or two.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
Yo.

4. 2 Maps every 2 hours is really lame. Don't like it.
4 hours **
Agreed 1-4 and half of 5

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I appreciate you sharing your opinions with us. The Splattershot Jr seems to be the best weapon for now...

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
Splattershot Jr is amazing. That and Aerospray are the two best weapons imo. And yes, team play will be crucial. Skype with friends while doing co-op is a hell of a lot of fun :P

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very interesting. My favorite weapon so far is definitely the .52 gal deco. :P

Hootie

Inkling
NNID
Vin_Megadiesel
Aerosprays are the most powerful weapons imo. Spreads ink very fast with its superb fire rate, has good secondary weapons that go with it (Seeker or mine depending on which one you're using), and their specials are both very good. The gold one in particular has ink strike which is probably the most clutch special in the game that can win you games that you would otherwise lose.

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
Aerosprays are the most powerful weapons imo. Spreads ink very fast with its superb fire rate, has good secondary weapons that go with it (Seeker or mine depending on which one you're using), and their specials are both very good. The gold one in particular has ink strike which is probably the most clutch special in the game that can win you games that you would otherwise lose.
Aerospray can easily get an inkstrike in the first 20 seconds of the game. If that's not power, idk what is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom