• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 N-ZAP '85

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
This is an easy post;
We all know how good the '85 is even after it's nerf, but I've wondered (seeing as I don't use it [yet]) what people use as gear/abilities?
I'd assume now at least 1 special charge main, maybe speed swim and inksaver main? Share your load outs with me, I'm not here to steal, just to understand the 'Top' better.

;)

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Well, I don't play any N-Zap , but I see them so often and play with them so much, that I get to know what they use from secondhand experience.

The N-Zap can effectively use a lot of abilities, so this generally comes down to preference.
:ability_specialcharge: :ability_swimspeed: :ability_runspeed: :ability_inkresistance: :ability_comeback:
These are the usual abilities you'll see on an N-Zap.

Swim Speed and Run Speed help the N-Zap become the fastest strafing shooter in the game, helping out massively in a fire fight.

Special Charge up is for popping those ink armors like crazy, especially with the N-Zap's outstanding painting ability.

Ink Resistance is for firefights (But I don't think it's nearly as necessary as the other perks.)

Finally, Comeback is here since it gives the wearer 20 seconds of 4 subs extra of run speed / swim speed / sub saver / main saver / ink recovery up / and special charge up. Which is a very nice thing to receive for just a main slot.

Other abilities that you can run on an N-Zap include:
:ability_inkrecovery: :ability_inksaversub: :ability_quickrespawn: :ability_ninjasquid:

Ink recovery Up and Sub Saver allow you to throw a lot more bombs for safe pressure, and help you deter far away enemies.

Quick Respawn allows you to make risky plays and helps you get back into the fight quicker if you're not starting any fights.

Ninja Squid is a bit of a niche choice, but it's somewhat viable

Special Power Up is helpful since it speeds up the deployment time of your ink armor, and increases the base duration of your ink armor as well.

You could honestly do well with any of these abilities as the focus of your build.

If I was to really ever use an N-Zap, I would use something like this
N-Zap Build.png

This just incorporates a little bit of everything and it helps make the N-Zap feel smoother and lets you get your ink armor much faster at 188p of turf (post patch). You could definitely just roll with this, or make your own build suited to your needs. This is just a basic N-Zap build.

I hope I answered your Question :)

Dash Dash

Inkling
You nailed my load out for it, all three pure, although in SZ I spam more bombs and swap inksaver sub w/ one swim abilities. Not convinced yet which one is more helpful.

Padre

Pro Squid
Depends from game mode.
Special Charge Up and Ink Resistance would be my picks, as I really like to take N-Zap up front.

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
What about the Tri-Slosher? I've found it helps me in tower control more and so far I just use swim speed up run speed up and special charge up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom